Michael Chiesa, left, poses for photographers with Anthony Pettis on Thursday, April 5, 2018, at UFC 223's media day in New York. (AP Photo/Kathy Willens) Lightweights Michael Chiesa and Anthony Pettis will step in the cage against each other after all. The bout has been rescheduled for UFC 226 on July 7 in Las Vegas, sources close to the organization confirmed to the Review-Journal on Tuesday after reports surfaced online late Monday. Chiesa and Pettis were scheduled to fight at Barclays Center on April 7 in Brooklyn, but Chiesa was forced out of the fight when he suffered facial lacerations from broken glass when Conor McGregor threw a dolly through the window of a bus. Pettis, the former lightweight champion, nearly got the opportunity to reclaim the belt. He was proposed as a candidate to replace Max Holloway in the main event of the card against Khabib Nurmagomedov, but the details weren’t worked out. Chiesa’s last octagon appearance was a controversial loss to … [Read more...] about Chiesa-Pettis bout added to UFC 226 in Las Vegas
It has been just over three weeks since Conor McGregor’s wild attack on a bus carrying fellow UFC fighters in Brooklyn. Dana White vows that that the UFC will punish its superstar … but only after a New York City court weighs in on him first. When speaking with TMZ Sports on Monday, the UFC president said that McGregor has “gotta be punished by the law first” and “let’s see what happens in New York,” when asked about the company’s impending disciplinary ruling on the MMA sensation. The UFC president added: “He’s gotta go through that (the legal system), first.” TMZ additionally reported that McGregor isn’t due back in court until June 14. The 29-year-old McGregor was arrested on April 5 and charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief for the attack, in which he threw a dolly at a UFC bus, shattering its glass and injuring several UFC competitors. UFC fighter Ray Borg suffered a … [Read more...] about Will Conor McGregor go to jail over UFC bus incident?
Alan Dawson, provided by Published 11:01 am, Monday, April 23, 2018 AP Images Khabib Nurmagomedov has said he wants to fight Conor McGregor this year. Nurmagomedov was reportedly the target of McGregor's alleged UFC bus attack earlier this month. An altercation between Nurmagomedov and McGregor's friend Artem Lobov is reportedly the reason behind the alleged attack. Nurmagomedov also recently won the vacant UFC lightweight championship title — a belt that once belonged to McGregor. McGregor turned himself into police, was released on a $50,000 bail after appearing in a New York City court, but is due back in the courtroom in June. Now Nurmagomedov wants to settle the rivalry in a UFC octagon. Khabib Nurmagomedov wants to settle his rivalry with Conor McGregor. The Russian wrestler won the vacant UFC lightweight world title when he beat Al Iaquinta at UFC 223 on April 7 — just two days after McGregor's alleged attack on a UFC team bus in New York. UFC boss … [Read more...] about The man who Conor McGregor allegedly wanted to attack on the UFC team bus now wants to fight him this year
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’re well aware of the mayhem UFC poster boy Conor McGregor made at UFC 223. McGregor made headlines across the globe when he decided to smash a bus window in wild scenes at Barclays Center two days before fight night. The rampage was dubbed the “most disgusting act in history of UFC” and saw McGregor charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief. UFC president Dana White was quick to slam the disgusting behavior of the man who has become the face of the sport. “I don’t know if [McGregor is] on drugs, or what his deal is. But to come and do this and to act like this — you’re talking about a guy who had a baby,” White said. “He just had a kid. This is how you’re acting? You have a son at home.” But after condemning the Irishman’s actions, White has revealed things were “good,” and he was willing to move past the incident. Longtime … [Read more...] about UFC bowed to Conor McGregor after Brooklyn brawl: Joe Rogan
Share This Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about Facebook Email Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest 'Gold is next': Dustin Poirier calls for title shot after epic UFC clash with Gaethje Lightweight Dustin Poirier was on crutches when he sat down in front of reporters after a “Fight of the Year” contender against Justin Gaethje at UFC on FOX 29. Sent! A link has been sent to your friend's email address. Posted! A link has been posted to your Facebook feed. Join the Conversation To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs Subscribe Today Log In Subscribed, but don't have a login? Activate your digital access. Steven Marrocco and John Morgan, MMAJunkie.com Published 1:48 p.m. CT April 15, 2018 CLOSE Greg Moore talks it up with UFC Fighter Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier who will be fighting local UFC Justin Gaethje at … [Read more...] about ‘Gold is next’: Dustin Poirier calls for title shot after epic UFC clash with Gaethje