Britney Spears announces plans to extend Las Vegas residency following on-stage fall

Britney Spears said "the show must go on" after taking a spill on-stage in Las Vegas last week. In fact, the pop star appeared on "Ellen" Tuesday to announce she's extending her Sin City residency at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino "for three more months." "I just think you should give our entire audience tickets," she told the daytime talk show host while wearing a black supportive boot with her black mini-dress. "I tore some ligaments," she explained. Spears hurt herself during one of her sold out Las Vegas "Piece of Me" performances on Wednesday when she fell on stage. "I actually wasn't doing anything that hard. I was just kind of bopping around," the "Crazy" singer recalled. The outcome of the fall wasn't Spears' biggest concern. It was the fact that she hasn't taken a tumble like that during any of her Vegas performances since the beginning of her residency. "I've done like eight years worth of shows. Plenty of shows and I've never actually fell on stage so it was really kind of embarrassing," she confessed. She first showed off the medical boot on Instagram Friday, two days after the on-stage fall. "This boot was made for walkin'," she playfully captioned the pic. Despite the injury, Spears' Vegas residency, a 113-performance deal that began on Dec. 27, 2013 and was originally slated to conclude in September, has been extremely successful and has already garnered the pop star some awards. "So you won these awards, which are really cool," DeGeneres said. "You won best show in Vegas, best bachelorette party in Vegas, so people come to your show and you must see wild things." "A lot of wild things," Spears replied before providing an example. "Tattoos of my face on people's arms, which is really kind of crazy." ON A MOBILE DEVICE? WATCH THE VIDEO HERE. Continue Reading

Oklahoma cop busted in Las Vegas with missing teen girl

A suspended Oklahoma cop was busted in Las Vegas with a missing California teen, authorities said. Danniel Boone Morgan, 30, picked up the willing 15-year-old on Wednesday in the Modesto suburb of Turlock and fled south, according to Turlock police. Investigators quickly identified Morgan as the lone suspect in the alleged abduction, sending out an alert warning he could be armed. Las Vegas authorities captured Morgan early Thursday morning after a brief standoff in a motel room, the McAlester, Okla., News-Capital reported. The teen, who was with Morgan, will soon be reunited with her family, Turlock police said. The girl apparently knew the disgraced cop from living in Oklahoma and was moved to California to avoid him, the newspaper reported. Morgan, who is friends with the girl on Facebook, was placed on administrative leave in Kiowa, Okla., according to California cops. Police in Kiowa referred questions about the suspended officer to the city attorney, who didn’t respond to a request for comment. Join the Conversation: Continue Reading

Idaho man’s wife restrained him while her brother hacked him to death with hatchet during Las Vegas vacation: police

A man’s wife held him down while her brother bludgeoned him to death with a hatchet during a Las Vegas holiday trip gone horribly wrong, police said. Officers found the as-yet-unidentified Idaho man dead with multiple traumatic wounds at around 2:30 a.m. Monday near Buffalo Drive and Eldora Ave., according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. Maria Hernandez, 33, also of Idaho, is accused of assisting Hector Gutierrez, 23, of California, with the murder of her husband, cops said. Authorities charged the sister-brother pair with murder with a deadly weapon and conspiracy to commit murder and incarcerated them in the Clark County Detention Center. Law enforcement officials told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that Hernandez and her spouse were waiting on maintenance for their 2002 silver Ford Windstar when Gutierrez launched the hatchet attack. Hernandez told police that a carjacker had attacked her husband, but homicide investigators later alleged she had Gutierrez’s assistance with murdering him, KSNV-TV reported. Her brother sped away from the scene in the minivan, which officers found roughly 10 miles east of there, according to the Review-Journal. Gutierrez received treatment for a non-life-threatening stab wound at University Medical Center of Southern Nevada, police said. Cops haven’t released booking photos of Hernandez and Gutierrez. The Clark County Coroner’s Office will perform an autopsy of the man on Tuesday, KTVB-TV reported. Officials in the coroner’s office plan to disclose the man’s identity, along with the cause and manner of his death, police said. Hernandez and Gutierrez are scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, according to KSNV. Follow on Twitter @tobysalkc ON A MOBILE DEVICE? WATCH THE VIDEO HERE. Join the Conversation: Continue Reading

Odd ending to Duke’s NCAA Tournament win over Utah ends up costing Las Vegas sports books

Think that last free throw was meaningless for Duke as it beat Utah in the Sweet 16? Thousands of gamblers in Las Vegas disagree. The free throw allowed the top-seeded Blue Devils to cover a 5 1/2-point spread on Friday night, topping the Utes by 6 at 63-57 and flipping wagers on a game many thought was already over. Luckily for gamblers, it appears most were backing Duke, laying 5 or 5 1/2 points at Las Vegas sports books operated by Caesars Entertainment, MGM Resorts International and the Wynn Las Vegas. RELATED: THE 10 GREATEST NCAA TOURNAMENT GAMES OF ALL-TIME That bet was looking OK for wagers on the No. 5 seed Utah as the game was wrapping up. The buzzer had sounded, and the players had already even finished their customary postgame handshake. Some Utah players were already heading off the court. Done deal, right? Not quite. The whistle sounded. The officials had reviewed a call and determined that Utah, which was trying to foul, had successfully done so with 0.6 seconds left on the clock. The score at that moment was 62-57, a would-be push on bets taken at a 5-point spread, and a loss for some Duke bettors who gave up 51/2 points like those using America’s Line in the Daily News. Quinn Cook missed the first free throw, then made the second to finish the game at 63-57. Six point margin, Duke covers. “When he made the shot, it cost me somewhere between $200,000 and $300,000,” America’s Line’s Benjamin Eckstein said. “Just in Las Vegas, it likely cost the betting outlets in total between $1 and $2 million. The off-shore betting sites are hard to gauge, but it wouldn't surprise me if losses were in the high seven-figure category, possibly as much as $10 million.” It’s not immediately clear how much money swung on the free throw, but casinos appeared to be on the losing end. According to wager reports compiled by, nearly three-fourths of spread bettors were backing Duke Continue Reading

Chris Brown threatens Tyson Beckford over selfie with Karrueche Tran in Las Vegas

Chris Brown ain't loyal. But the R&B bad boy still wasn't happy to see his ex Karrueche Tran's selfie with supermodel Tyson Beckford. "Saturday with @Karrueche #Vegas #Palms #Blasian," the sexy 44-year-old model captioned the pic on Instagram. The pair was among several celebrities that spent the Memorial Day Weekend in Las Vegas, but Brown was not pleased to see his ex-girlfriend having so much fun without him. "U wanna keep walking them runways," the "Loyal" singer reportedly tweeted Sunday in a series of threatening posts that have all been deleted. "I need ta legs for that. Keep playing like I ain't wit the bullshit." But Brown, 26, is actually "wit the bulls--t" which is why he and Tran are no longer together after a long tumultuous love affair. The 27-year-old model ended the relationship in March after she found out through social media that Brown fathered a baby girl named Royalty with another woman, whom they both know. "There ain't no making up right now," she told Iyanla Vanzant in a recent interview. "There's no making up." Since then Tran has been spotted out and about looking quite happy and at peace. In the selfie with Beckford she is blowing a kiss to the camera as he smiles. "I'm done all this internet talking blood," Brown reportedly tweeted. "Be in Vegas soon. Keep playing ima f--k ya baby momma and then whoop yo child like he mine." Seemingly unfazed, Beckford quickly responded, "@officialchrisbrown it's all about fun in vegas. Come thru papa." Critics were quick to point out that Beckford tweeted the wrong account and called him out for being scared while others just had fun with the comical feud. "@TysonCBeckford scared he didn't even have the balls 2 tag the real chris brown!" one fan wrote. Another poked fun at Brown, writing, "@TysonCBeckford @chrisbrown won't hit you cuz you ain't a girl." Continue Reading

Mariah Carey cancels Las Vegas concert because of bronchitis: report

Mariah Carey can take that away from fans. The pop diva cancelled her Wednesday night performance from her Las Vegas residency because of bronchitis, TMZ first reported. Doctors have ordered Carey to rest her voice as she recovers, which could require more scuttled tour dates, according to the report. REVIEW: MARIAH CAREY'S VEGAS REVIEW KICKS OFF WITH HIGH NOTES The news came as a shock to many fans who flew to Nevada to attend the concert in the Colosseum at the Caesars Palace hotel. A sign outside the venue reads: "Tonight's performance has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled. We truly regret the inconvenience this may cause." Carey had just kicked off her Las Vegas run, which runs through July, earlier this month. The show spotlights the singer's 18 number one hit singles in chronological order. ON A MOBILE DEVICE? WATCH THE VIDEO REPORT HERE. Continue Reading

‘Duck Dynasty’ family debuts ‘Duck Commander Musical’ in Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS — There is no shortage of beards, camo, hunting and God alongside a bit of recent real-life scandal in “Duck Commander Musical.” The Las Vegas show premiered Wednesday at the Rio All-Suites Hotel & Casino and tells the story of a family duck-call business that led to reality show juggernaut “Duck Dynasty.” The 90-minute show with Broadway backers and bonafides, including the company behind “Jersey Boys,” alternates between something akin to a live-action commercial celebrating the family business to a mostly cheery singing and dancing scrapbook of their tight-knit journey. Skeptical observers who envisioned a high-kicking dance number complete with hunting rifles and flashy sequin camouflage costumes when they heard of the musical won’t be disappointed. Producers, in on the joke, included one such traditional Broadway-style number. The rest is populated with earnest songs with lyrics such as “there’s no time for rest, this is my quest,” and “be yourself in camouflage” and on the other end, comic relief courtesy of the family’s Uncle Si offering fart jokes and “that’s what she said” replies. Scenes are set against a high-tech stage set of moving screens including appearances by the real-life Robertson family. Nearly the entire “Duck Dynasty” family from Louisiana attended the premiere at the Rio hotel and casino, later dining on biscuits and gumbo at an after party. Missing from the audience and show’s development was bearded patriarch Phil Robertson who was quoted vilifying homosexual behavior in a January 2014 issue of GQ magazine. Theatre-goers expecting an apology from the actor playing Phil Robertson won’t get one. Instead, they get a glimpse into his long-ago descent into drunken irresponsibility before he finds God and atones in pathos that arrives near the end. The explanation for the comments? Phil was Continue Reading

NFL Hall of Famer Warren Sapp named a suspect in a domestic violence probe in Las Vegas: report

Warren Sapp seems to be finding trouble as often as he did opposing quarterbacks during his Hall of Fame football career. The former Bucs and Raiders star defensive tackle has been named a suspect in a domestic violence probe in Las Vegas, TMZ Sports is reporting. The gossip website, citing law enforcement sources, reported that Sapp is accused of getting into a physical altercation with a woman at a Vegas casino. The alleged incident took place on April 28. Sapp, 42, has not been charged with a crime, according to TMZ, but the investigation is ongoing. The football star was fired from his gig as an NFL Network analyst earlier this year after he was busted during Super Bowl week on suspicion of assault and soliciting a prostitute. Sapp, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2013, was fired by the NFL Network just hours after his Feb. 2 arrest in Phoenix. Phoenix cops said an argument about money with one of two women in his downtown Phoenix hotel room turned physical. He pleaded guilty in April to one count of soliciting prostitution and one count of assault. The solicitation charge against Sapp was dismissed by a Phoenix judge last month after the ex-NFL star completed a counseling program. The former first-round draft pick of the Bucs out of the University of Miami in 1995, Sapp has also engaged in an ugly, largely one-sided, war of words with Giants star Michael Strahan over the years. Sapp, who finished his career with 96.5 sacks, repeatedly took shots at Strahan since 2001 when the Giants great set the single-season sack record with a little help from a diving Brett Favre. "He only has four straight pro bowls and a mythical sack record," Sapp said at the time of his Hall induction. "When you really measure him up he comes up short." Sapp also charged that Strahan was moved from right end to the left side to go up against the opposing team's weakest lineman. Strahan, who helped the Continue Reading

B.B. King hospitalized in Las Vegas over diabetes complication: report

It’s enough to get any music fan to sing the blues: legendary guitarist B.B King was reportedly hospitalized over the weekend for a diabetes-related complication. The 89-year-old is still being treated at a medical center near his Las Vegas home, TMZ first reported. Sources told the gossip site that King had suffered from dehydration stemming from diabetes, a condition he’s been battling for years. King had to issue a public apology almost exactly a year ago for “a bad night” of a rambling set at the Peabody Opera House in St. Louis after his elevated blood sugar threw off his timing. And then in October, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer was forced to cancel eight tour dates — including a stop at his B.B. King Blues Club — over dehydration and exhaustion. Continue Reading

Gunman kills 3 in Las Vegas, is in critical condition after shooting self in head: police

A domestic dispute at a Las Vegas apartment complex led to a rampage Tuesday night that left three people dead and one clinging for life, police announced Wednesday. A 21-year-old man allegedly killed his wife, her 18-year-old stepdaughter and the stepdaughter’s boyfriend before shooting himself, KVVU reported. The fatal faceoff followed an argument between the suspect and one of the victims, police said. The names of the victims have not been released. The shooting was reported 10:13 p.m. at the Broadway Talavera apartment building. The three victims had run out of the complex and the alleged gunman followed and shot them, police said. Police discovered the wife, 33, stepdaughter and the girl's boyfriend, 21, shot in a walkway outside. The suspect was found wounded in the apartment after shooting himself in the head. He is in critical condition at a hospital and is not expected to survive. If he does, he will be charged for the killings, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported. "He'll be held accountable one way or another," Capt. Christopher Tomaino told local media. He said there were no living witnesses to describe what happened before the bloodshed. The wife was pronounced dead at the scene, and the other victims died in a hospital. Las Vegas Police did not return a request for comment. Follow @jaysunsilver ON A MOBILE DEVICE? CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO.  Join the Conversation: Continue Reading