Lifetime plans unauthorized ‘Full House’ TV movie; John Stamos calls ‘bulls—’ on Olsens’ claim they were clueless

"Full House" is getting the Lifetime treatment — and one member of the Tanner clan isn't happy about it. The TV movie network has announced it is shooting an unauthorized biography about the family-friendly series that will be in the same vein as its dishy "Saved by the Bell" pic from last year, The Hollywood Reporter reports. The network promised a behind-the-scenes look at the rise of the show, which was a hit on ABC for eight seasons and made the Olsen twins, Bob Saget and John Stamos household names. The movie will be written and produced by the same team as the "Bell" flick, which enjoyed a buzzy run-up but largely bombed when it aired in September, with only 1.6 million viewers, THR reported. News of the unauthorized pic hit a sour note with ex-Jesse and the Rippers frontman John Stamos, who reacted with a snarky tweet on Tuesday. "Full House TV movie on @lifetimetv ?? - hmmmm -yeah right, good luck with that," the 51-year-old actor quipped. Lifetime's announcement comes a week after Netflix announced plans to reboot the beloved '90s show for a sequel called "Fuller House." The 13-episode series, set 20 years after the original, will return Candace Cameron Bure and Jodie as sisters D.J. and Stephanie Tanner, along with Andrea Barber, who played D.J.'s best pal, Kimmy Gibbler. Stamos, who announced the new show on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" last week, was also set to appear, while his TV wife Lori Loughlin said she'd "love" to be involved but needed to hammer out a "fair" deal. The other original stars of the series, Bob Saget, Dave Coulier and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, have not signed onto the new project but were said to be in talks about possible guest appearances. In an interview with Women's Wear Daily last week, the Olsen twins said they were clueless about the new project, a claim that drew a sharp comment from their former TV uncle. "I call bulls---," Continue Reading

Connecticut man set fire to house, crashed car, knocked on doors without pants on looking for his ‘next wife’: cops

This probably is how Satan would try finding a bride. A Connecticut man who identified himself as “Lucifer” set fire to a house, crashed his car and ran around without pants on, knocking on doors and looking for “his next wife,” police said. Police initially responded to a house fire in Wolcott at 7:52 a.m. Thursday, NBC Connecticut reported. But just a few minutes later, cops got a report of a turned-over car about a mile and a half away from the fire. Then another call came in about a half-naked man banging on doors at a nearby condo complex, telling neighbors he was searching for a wife and threatening to punch one woman who answered the door, WTNH reported. “Being I was right there, I pulled into the complex and sure enough there was a gentleman there who we later arrested,” Wolcott Police Chief Edward Stephens said. “His pants were down, his exposed buttocks covered with tattoos, banging on doors.” “He said he was Lucifer from Hell the Inferno and he’s talking all kinds of gibberish,” Stephens said. Turns out Lucifer is otherwise known as 23-year-old Alex Chambrello, who is covered in religious tattoos, including one that says “Conquer All Evil” with a depiction of Jesus and the Virgin Mary. Police later determined Chambrello was a suspect in the fire and crash in addition to the rude, nude knocking. Police say he set fire in the basement of the burning house, resulting in the death of a cat. A second cat was reported missing after the fire but was later found, with minor cuts but otherwise unharmed. No people were hurt in the fire. Chambrello got a ride to the condo complex after crashing the car he was driving, police said. He has been charged with arson, animal cruelty and breach of peace and is being held on $100,000 bail. Police have not yet determined if he was under the Continue Reading

Texas House of Representatives votes to allow residents to publicly carry guns in holsters

Texas could soon become the largest state to allow citizens to openly carry handguns. The Texas House of Representatives voted, 96 to 35, Friday to allow residents with concealed-handgun licenses to openly carry their guns in public in holsters. Gov. Greg Abbott has expressed support for the law. A similar measure passed the Texas Senate last month and the two bill must be squared up before heading to Abbott’s desk. Texas, despite its reputation for being lax on gun laws, is one of six states, including California, New York and Florida, that currently bars citizens from openly carrying handguns. With News Wire Services Join the Conversation: Continue Reading

NYPD detective fatally shoots robbery suspect in East Village after the man assaulted cop in halfway house: officials

An NYPD detective fatally shot a robbery suspect Saturday after the wanted man attacked the cop’s partner inside an East Village halfway house, officials said. Detectives Vincente Matias and Harold Carter from the 26th Precinct in Harlem showed up at the East Village halfway house around 1:50 p.m. following a tip that a 22-year-old robbery suspect was living in a residence inside the building at 538 E. 6th St. When he caught wind of police in his midst, the man, identified as Felix David by police sources, fled through a sixth-floor window and down a fire escape, where the detectives chased him into the building’s first-floor lobby. A fight that lasted up to five minutes ended with a single shot fired by Carter after the suspect walloped Matias with one of the detective’s own walkie-talkies. “There was a pretty violent, physical altercation,” a police source said. “He grabbed one of the detective’s radios and hammered him in the head with it. “The partner pulled out his gun and fired once,” the source added. Cornered, the suspect grabbed one of the detective’s radios and hit him over the head with it, sources said. The other detective also suffered a head injury in a scuffle that lasted five minutes. One of the detectives fired a single shot, hitting the suspect in the torso, police officials said. “They spotted him in the lobby,” a police source said. Emergency responders rushed the suspect to Beth Israel Hospital, where he died, sources said. Both detectives were taken to Bellevue Hospital with head injuries, officials said. The detective who was hit in the head with the radio was undergoing an MRI. Witnesses recalled hearing the struggle in the hallway. “There was someone shouting ‘what are you doing stop.’ I went up to the door to maybe try and stop it,” said a resident who Continue Reading

What an amenity: British students looking over rental house find dead person

British students who were being shown a rental house were shocked to find a human body inside one of the rooms. The undergrads were looking around their potential new pad in Vere Road, Brighton, at 1 p.m. Friday when they smelled "something strong and strange," reports The Tab. They entered a bedroom and were shocked to discover the corpse of a 23-year-old man. The current renters said their housemate, who's not been named, had not been seen for two days. The man was confirmed dead and removed from the home, reports the Daily Express. Sussex Police launched an investigation but said the death was not being treated as suspicious. "There were no suspicious circumstances but the death is being treated as unexplained while enquiries continue," a spokesman told ITV News. Join the Conversation: Continue Reading

NYCHA second in command Cecil House to step down

NYCHA’s Mr. Fix-It is heading out the door as the nation’s largest housing authority struggles to turn itself around. General Manager Cecil House, the second in command at the city agency, submitted his resignation this week and NYCHA Chairwoman Shola Olatoye accepted it, officials said Thursday. The former utilities exec was hired in September 2012 by former NYCHA Chairman John Rhea to address mismanagement exposed by the Daily News. For years, the GM position had been vacant. When Mayor de Blasio arrived at City Hall, he replaced Rhea but kept House on, without saying his continued employment was to be temporary. Bronx Councilman Ritchie Torres, chairman of the public housing committee, on Thursday praised House and worried about the void caused by his departure. “I worry if you have no chief operating officer managing day to day operations, what implication will it have for the housing authority,” Torres said. “I worry that the departure of the GM could bring instability at the Housing Authority because NYCHA had been at its most dysfunctional when it was without a GM.” De Blasio praised House, calling him “a true public servant with a record of innovating new ways to tackle old problems at NYCHA.” Olatoye noted House’s biggest accomplishment: the dramatic reduction of NYCHA's repair backlog from 420,000 to about 80,000. Greg Floyd, president of Teamsters Local 237, which represents 8,000 NYCHA workers, said House’s “heart seemed to be in the right place. He really wanted to get the work done. He came in in challenging times to say the least.” House said working with his NYCHA colleagues, “We have made great strides to advance NYCHA’s mission,” including taking down scores of sidewalk sheds and speeding up building renovations. The announcement of House’s resignation came a week after the News revealed Continue Reading

Chrissy Teigen leads commando strike at White House; Salma Hayek joins relief effort in Lebanon

Chrissy Teigen was the center of attention at a Vanity Fair post-White House Correspondents’ Dinner on Saturday — with partygoers swearing to us the talk of the bash was that the model “forgot” to put on undergarments. “The slip was so high on that dress, one photographer said, ‘Oh, wow’ ... because when she walked the dress kept flapping open,” says one guest. It’s possible Teigen was sporting “commando” underwear, which is invisible because it does not exist, and can be worn under racy gowns without revealing any lines. Our source says Teigen’s sexy Zuhair Murad dress also flew open as she bent down to pick up a license she found on the ground and handed it to a Secret Service agent. “She gave them a show,” says the guest. Along with the Secret Service, Bill Belichick was caught on camera earlier panting over the model at the Washington Hilton during the dinner. Teigen’s husband, John Legend, even tweeted a pic of the New England Patriots coach caught in the act, writing, “Spy gate” as the caption. Also at the party were Chanel Iman, Charlie Rose, Eric Stonestreet, Larry Wilmore and Elon Musk, who was overheard saying he’s looking forward to Thursday, when he is set to unveil a $13,000 battery capable of powering a house. HAYEK TACKLES A GOOD ROLE Salma Hayek embraced a Syrian refugee at a camp during her trip to the eastern Bekaa Valley in Lebanon. The 48-year-old actress, a UNICEF supporter, is campaigning for Chime for the Children of Syria, which she helped launch in an effort to raise money for families in need. The brunette beauty will soon return to promotion duties for her upcoming animated film “The Prophet.” THE NEW, MATURE BIEBS Justin Bieber posed for the latest issue of Hero Magazine, which hits newsstands May 18, and dished on his next studio album and how he, along with his music, Continue Reading

‘Mohawk’ woman accused of murder at Lincoln Houses will be offered a reduced charge; victim’s mother is outraged

The mohawk-sporting woman charged in a fatal shooting outside East Harlem’s Lincoln Houses in 2013 will be offered a chance to cop to manslaughter for a reduced sentence, and the victim’s mother is furious. Michelle (Mohawk) Graham, 35, is due in court Wednesday where prosecutors will offer her the chance to plead to first-degree manslaughter in exchange for 18 years behind bars in the killing of Olivia Brown, the Daily News has learned. Brown, 23, was stabbed and shot on July 23, 2013 — allegedly by Graham — just two days after mayoral hopefuls slept over at the trouble-ridden NYCHA development. Brown’s mother Crystal Brown plans to deliver a letter to Justice Ronald Zweibel in which she expresses outrage at the Manhattan district attorney’s softened stance. Graham faces up to life behind bars for second-degree murder, the top count in her indictment. “The criminal justice system is a total failure,” Brown writes in the letter, obtained by The News. “Michelle C. Graham should be removed from society for the rest of her life,” the mother adds. Join the Conversation: Continue Reading

Lori Loughlin reveals some ‘Full House’ stars haven’t been locked in for Netflix reboot, wants to return if money is ‘fair’

Lori Loughlin is optimistic the new “Full House” will soon get a little fuller. Loughlin, who played Aunt Becky in the the classic 1987-1995 ABC sitcom that’s about to be revived by Netflix, said Tuesday that she “expects” a deal “can be worked out within the next couple of days” for herself and perhaps other cast members who have not yet signed on. John Stamos announced the revival Monday night on Jimmy Kimmel’s ABC show, saying the original show will morph into a sequel called “Fuller House,” starring original cast members Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber as grownups with families of their own. The new show would kick off in 2016 with a one-hour special reuniting the original extended Tanner family. Loughlin noted Tuesday, however, that “they made this announcement before several of us,” including herself, Bob Saget, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen and Dave Coulier, “had agreed to any deals.” Loughlin said, “I would love nothing more” than to join the revival, “but I need to have a deal that’s fair.. . . We’ve been in negotiations and I’m confident that can be reached.” Loughlin has been busy lately with several Hallmark projects, including one of next season’s marquee Christmas movies, “North Pole 2,” and the series “When Calls the Heart,” which returns this Saturday. “Full House” was “a great experience,” says Loughlin. “It’s a show that people remember very fondly. They’ve talked about reviving it for a while and I’m glad that it’s happening. I’d like to see everyone come back. “But I think what happened is they got the idea for ‘Fuller House’ first, and then they decided to do the reunion Continue Reading

Hillary Clinton was asked by House investigators about private email use 2 years ago and didn’t respond

Hillary Clinton was asked by House investigators whether she used a private email account while serving as secretary of state more than two years ago, according to documents made public Wednesday, but didn't respond to the question. Clinton was sent a letter by then-House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) sassing if she "or any senior agency official ever used a personal email account to conduct official business" in December 2012. Issa's letter also asked for documentation on the "archiving and record-keeping procedures" for the department. Clinton didn't reply to the letter, sent seven weeks before she left the job. The State Department's reply the next month said every employee "should make it clear that his or her personal email is not being used for official business." A representative for the newly minted presidential candidate said the disclosure of the letter was “nothing new” and said politics were to blame. “This was a letter sent to all cabinet agencies leaked to the press two years later at the start of Hillary Clinton's campaign,” Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill told The News. “The letter was sent shortly before she left the State Department and was responded to in due course.” “As secretary, she followed the letter and the spirit of the law,” Merrill said. Clinton has been facing heat for using a personal email and server rather than an official account, and for choosing herself which emails would be archived for public use and which would be deleted. Clinton has said she used the personal account for convenience, so she wouldn't have to carry multiple devices. Republicans are already looking to make hay out of the new information. "The fact is in December of 2012, presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was directly asked if she used a private email account," said Kurt Bardella, a former staffer for Issa on the committee. "Why did the State Department Continue Reading