Check out the schedule for entertainment, family activities and more for the Taste of Orland, Aug. 5–7.
Lauren Traut , Patch Staff
ORLAND PARK, IL — Ready to head over to the Taste of Orland this weekend? We’ve got the scoop on who’s playing when and where, where you can find kids’ activities, and where you can park.
Now in its 19th year, the Taste of Orland Park showcases Orland Park eateries, community organizations and several bands throughout the weekend. Special events within the fest include a two-day Kids’ Zone, the annual Taste of Orland Park car show, themed trivia contests and live entertainment on two stages. New this year is a Battle of the Bands that includes a performance by the winner on the main stage on Sunday, August 7 at 6 p.m.
The Taste will be held at the Orland Park Village Center, 14700 South Ravinia Avenue, on Friday, August 5 from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.; Saturday, August 6 from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday, August 7 from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Admission, parking and activities at the fest are all free. Participating restaurants will offer their signature dishes, beverages and desserts at individual food booths located throughout the complex.
Participating restaurants include 101 BBQ, Barraco’s Pizza, Beggars Pizza, The Brass Tap, Buona Beef, City BBQ, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant, Mo’s Chinese Kitchen, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Papa Joe’s Italian Restaurant, Pita Pita Mediterranean Grill, Pueblito, The Rainbow Cone, Smallcakes Cupcakery and Creamery and Tradycja Polish Fusion Cuisine.
The Kids’ Zone is a two-day event, from 1 to 4 p.m. Aug. 6 and 7 on the Village. All activities are free of charge.
Saturday’s happenings will also include a veterans’ tribute beginning at 7 p.m.
Free parking is available at a number of sites around the Village Center including the parking tower at 143rd Street and Ravinia Avenue.
Guests may bring one sealed water bottle per person. No other outside food or drink will be allowed into the event. Bags will be inspected at entrance locations. Attendees are asked to bring their own lawn chairs or blankets and reminded that no tables are allowed to be brought into the event site.
ENTERTAINMENT AND ACTIVITY SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, AUGUST 5
- 5-7:30 p.m.: Hillbilly Rockstarz (Country) Main Stage
- 6:30–10 p.m.: Band Showcase Community Stage
- 8:30–11 p.m.: Electric Avenue (80’s) Main Stage
SATURDAY, AUGUST 6
- 1–3 p.m.: Tom Holland & the Shuffle Kings (Blues) Main Stage
- 1–4 p.m. : Kids’ Zone Village Green: Touch a Truck, Prime Time Racing remote control cars, Mr. D’s Magic Show 3:00pm, Face Painting, Balloon Animals by Dude Dale, Giant Games, Inflatables
- 1–9 p.m.: Bingo Civic Center
- 2–2:45 p.m.: Trivia–Musical Movies Civic Center
- 3-3:45 p.m. Trivia–Throwback Cartoons Civic Center
- 4–4:45 p.m. : Trivia–People’s Choice* Civic Center
- 4–6:30 p.m.: Motor City (The Motown Revue) Main Stage
- 5–5:45 p.m. : Trivia–People’s Choice* Civic Center
- 7 p.m.: Veterans’ Tribute Main Stage
- 8–11 p.m.: Live Band Karaoke Community Stage
- 8:30p–11 p.m.: 7th Heaven (Variety) Main Stage
SUNDAY, AUGUST 7
- 11 a.m.–3 p.m.: Car Show John Humphrey Parking Lot
- 1–3 p.m.: Peter Oprisko & The Mini Big Band (Vintage Rhythm/Blues) Main Stage
- 1–4 p.m.: Kids’ Zone Village Green: Pony Rides, Train Rides, Crosstown Exotics, Jason Kollum’s Bubbles, Face Painting, Giant Games, Inflatables
- 1–8 p.m.: Bingo Civic Center
- 4–6 p.m.: Mellencougar (John Mellencamp Tribute) Main Stage
- 4:30–6:30 p.m.: Improv Mash-up Civic Center
- 6 to 6:30 p.m.: Battle of the Bands Winner Main Stage
- 7–9 p.m.: American English (Beatles Tribute) Main Stage
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.
The rules of replying:
- Be respectful.
- Be transparent.
- Keep it local and relevant.
- Review the Patch Community Guidelines.
- Beer Judge Boot Camp, day 3: How to get better at tasting beer
- SPEED bike racing contributors release ‘Scout’s Guide to MotoGP 2016’
- ‘Scout’s Guide to Supercross 2016’ for sale on Amazon
- An illustrated guide to the people of AT&T Park
- Reds pitcher LeCure has old-school taste in music, bullpen philosophy
- UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Saint Preux viewing and schedule guide
- Visitor’s Guide: New York City food
- Cactus League stadium guide: HoHoKam Stadium
- Cactus League stadium guide: Sloan Park
- Why you (probably) don't want your beer to taste like butter
- Pettine: ‘We’ve had a real bad taste in our mouth – and we’ve got to get rid of it’
- 5 things you don’t know about those Beckett sports card magazines
- Mike Bruesewitz: Survival Guide to Playing Basketball Overseas
- Hamilton’s taste of big leagues makes dad proud
- Despite win, Jackets’ preseason finale leaves ‘sour taste’ in coach Richards’ mouth
- Derek MacKenzie still waiting for his first taste of the NHL playoffs
- The Newcomer’s Guide to the Wisconsin Badgers
- Vikings notebook: Bridgewater gets first taste of Vikings-Packers rivalry
- The ultimate bowl viewing guide: Reasons to watch all 35 games
- Bittersweet defeats: Stenhouse, Almirola could taste it at Bristol
|What to Do Before You Use Your Tent for the First Time check it now at Amazon||The Fathers Know Best - Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church$25.87||The Gringo Guide to Panama II: More to Know Before You Go3.7★ / $12.95||Ready, Set, Cruise!: Essential Cruise Tips - What To Know Before You Go (Tips and Advice on Cruising) (Volume 1)4.0★ / $19.99||The Elements of Scoring: A Master's Guide to the Art of Scoring Your Best When You're Not Playing Your Best$12.99||The 7 Things You Must Know Before You Draw Your Gun: What You Must Know Before You Carry Concealed$3.99||Cat Adoption - Your Guide to the "Purr-Fect" Happy Ending! (You're a Star for Adopting!) (Volume 1)$10||The Gringo Guide to Panama - What to Know Before You Go3.3★ / $14.25||The Insider's Guide to the Peace Corps: What to Know Before You Go4.8★ / $15.99||Where Are You Going? A Guide to the Spiritual Journey$19.15||Planning for Europe: What To Know Before You go1.0★ / $5.47||Where Are You Going?: A Guide to the Spiritual Journey$29.33||1001 Legal Words You Need to Know: The Ultimate Guide to the Language of the Law$12.82||Astral Travel: Your Guide to the Secrets of Out-Of-The-Body Experiences$18.95||Your Baby Is Speaking to You: A Visual Guide to the Amazing Behaviors of Your Newborn and Growing Baby4.5★ / $21.99||Starting A New Life In Rural America: 21 Things You Need to Know Before You Make Your Move4.1★ / $14.03||Between Us Girls: Everything You Need to Know Before You Drop Your Panties5.0★ / $49.99||The Global Indie Author: Your Guide to the World of Self-Publishing$18.59||So You Think You Know Baseball?: A Fan's Guide to the Official Rules$16.95||It's Not about the Funeral-What You Need to Know Before You Go4.7★ / $33.02||Stepping Into Joy: Your Guide To The Life You've Always Wanted check it now at Amazon||World Wise: What to Know Before You Go4.9★ / $57.91||The Student Doctor Network Caribbean Medical School Primer: Everything you need to know before you go3.0★ / $19.95||The Time Team Guide to the History of Britain: Everything You Need to Know About Our History Since 650 000 BC$169.84||Tulum: Everything you need to know before you go to the ruins: The Bizarre Events, Odd Theories, and Offbeat Characters of Tulum2.0★ / $88.88||Feng Shui & Moon Magic 2015 Calendar: Your Guide to the Wheel of the Year from Tomorrow's Key check it now at Amazon||SURF-FISHING BASICS: 101 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO2.4★ / $7.57||Mian Xiang Discover Face Reading- Your Guide to the Art of Chinese Face Reading check it now at Amazon||Hindsight: What You Need to Know Before You Drop Your Drawers check it now at Amazon||Planet Law School : What You Need to Know (Before You Go)...but Didn't Know to Ask3.5★ / $1.95||Don't Talk to the Media: 29 Secrets You Need to Know Before You Open Your Mouth to a Reporter$24.95||A FOCUSED PURSUIT in China: 14 Business Tips to Know Before You Go5.0★ / $3.75||Global Healthcare Volunteer's Handbook: What You Need to Know Before You Go5.0★ / $16.17||What You Need to Know Before You Invest: An Introduction to the Stock Market and Other Investments$15||JAIL TIME: What you need to know...Before you go to federal prison!4.0★ / $43.15||Go in Peace: Your Guide to the Purpose and Power of Confession check it now at Amazon||Your Secret to the Fountain of Youth: What They Don't Want You Know About HGH: Human Growth Hormone check it now at Amazon||YOUR MONEY & THE CASINO: What To Know Before You Go5.0★ / $14.99||Lighthouses of the Mid-Atlantic Coast: Your Guide to the Lighthouses of New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia5.0★ / $0.75||Welcome to Pop Culture Planet: Your Guide to the World of Weenicons check it now at Amazon||Your Right to Know: A Citizen's Guide to the Freedom of Information Act$27||First-time Horse Owner: What you need to know before you buy your first horse$7||Go Roth!: Your Guide to the Roth IRA and Other Roth Accounts$14.45||Go Roth! 2009: Your Guide To The Roth Ira, Roth 401K And Roth 403B$13||How Not to Kill the Woman You Love: Your Guide to Surviving Her Menopause check it now at Amazon||Your ER Guide: What You Need To Know Before You Go!$16.13||A Guide to the End of the World: Everything You Never Wanted to Know check it now at Amazon||Electric Cars The Future is Now!: Your Guide to the Cars You Can Buy Now and What the Future Holds check it now at Amazon||So, You Want to Join the Peace Corps: What to Know Before You Go$8.78||2DO Before I Die : The Do-It-Yourself Guide to the Rest of Your Life$14.95|
Know Before You Go: Your Guide To The Taste Of Orland have 1621 words, post on patch.com at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.