Here’s how the ongoing coronavirus pandemic has affected hospital capacity in Rutherford County and across TN.
Local Data , Patch Staff
LA VERGNE-SMYRNA, TN — The omicron coronavirus variant has quickly reached dominance in the United States as the holiday season gets into peak swing.
The highly-contagious variant will likely sicken many of the country’s 40 million unvaccinated adults in the near future, and some will require hospitalization, President Joe Biden said Tuesday. The vaccinated, and particularly those who have been boosted, have better odds of not getting sick or only catching a mild illness.
“That will mean hospitals are going to get extremely stressed again, both in terms of equipment as well as personnel to care for those who get sick,” he said.
Biden directed the Pentagon to mobilize 1,000 additional military personnel to help staff local hospitals and expand capacity. The Federal Emergency Management Agency will also deploy teams to provide additional hospital bed capacity.
Nationally, about 77 percent of inpatient beds were occupied as of Dec. 22, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. About one out of every 10 beds are occupied by a COVID-19 patient.
State health officials in Tennessee reported to the federal government Dec. 22 that approximately 76 percent of inpatient beds and 79 percent of intensive care unit beds in hospitals across the state were occupied. Around 10 percent of inpatient beds and 18 percent of ICU beds statewide were filled by COVID-19 patients, they reported.
Coronavirus-related hospitalizations remain well below the national peak of 124,000 patients in January 2021, when vaccines were scarce. A daily average of about 61,000 total patients were hospitalized with the virus between Dec. 13 and 19, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That is up about 4.2 percent from the prior week.
However, the CDC projects that new COVID-19 hospital admissions will be somewhere between 6,300 and 18,400 patients per day by Jan. 7; the current seven-day average is about 7,800 daily admissions.
The latest hospitalization numbers from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for Rutherford County, included below, are current through Dec. 10, and represent a rolling seven-day average. Note that the figures for occupied hospital beds sometimes exceed 100 percent; this is because more than one patient sometimes occupies a bed over the course of a week.
Health experts have said that the share of a hospital’s total beds devoted to coronavirus cases is key to understanding the strain on its resources. A share greater than 10 percent is said to be a cause of concern. When that share exceeds 20 percent, a hospital is said to be under extreme stress; and as the share approaches 50 percent, the stress is said to be immense.
Below are the latest figures for hospitals in Rutherford County.
Can’t find the hospital you’re looking for? Try searching for it here.
SAINT THOMAS RUTHERFORD HOSPITAL
- All adult inpatient beds: 313.4
- Inpatient beds occupied: 305.6
- Inpatient beds used by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients: 54.7
- Percent of inpatient beds used: 97.51%
- Percent of inpatient beds used by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients: 17.45%
- All adult ICU beds: 66.4
- ICU beds occupied: 64.7
- ICU beds used by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients: 10.4
- Percent of ICU beds used: 97.44%
- Percent of ICU beds used by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients: 15.66%
TRISTAR STONECREST MEDICAL CENTER
- All adult inpatient beds: 198
- Inpatient beds occupied: 66.9
- Inpatient beds used by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients: 10.1
- Percent of inpatient beds used: 33.79%
- Percent of inpatient beds used by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients: 5.10%
- All adult ICU beds: 51
- ICU beds occupied: 10.7
- ICU beds used by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients: 4.9
- Percent of ICU beds used: 20.98%
- Percent of ICU beds used by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients: 9.61%
- All adult inpatient beds: 157
- Inpatient beds occupied: 111.9
- Inpatient beds used by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients: 0
- Percent of inpatient beds used: 71.27%
- Percent of inpatient beds used by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients: 0.00%
- All adult ICU beds: 0
- ICU beds occupied: 0
- ICU beds used by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients: 0
- Percent of ICU beds used: N/A
- Percent of ICU beds used by confirmed and suspected COVID-19 patients: N/A
Editor’s note: This list was automatically generated using data compiled by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services . The local hospitals included in the list are limited to those included in the government data, and the numbers reported by these hospitals to HHS have not been independently verified by Patch. Please report any errors or other feedback to [email protected] .
The rules of replying:
- Be respectful.
- Be transparent.
- Keep it local and relevant.
- Review the Patch Community Guidelines.
- Coronavirus in the Bay Area: The key events unfolding from March 21 to 22
- Staples Center, L.A. Convention Center, Aqueduct Racetrack And O.C. Fairgrounds Could Be Used As Emergency Hospitals
- MSNBC star Rachel Maddow is slammed for peddling 'fake news' after she claimed 10 days ago the hospital ships Mercy and Comfort would not be in LA and NY for weeks and called Trump's promise they would arrive 'nonsense'
- Coronavirus in the Bay Area: The key events unfolding on March 24
- 'It's a warzone': Shocking footage reveals coronavirus patients being treated in corridors at NYC hospital as doctors beg for ventilators and the death toll in the city surges past 1,000
- 'Up to 80 per cent of patients on ventilators will die': Grim warning given to volunteers at NHS Nightingale hospital who are warned 'be prepared to see death'
- Grim photos reveal refrigerated morgue inside new NHS Nightingale Hospital in London's ExCel Centre - as army adds finishing touches to giant 4,000-bed emergency unit to treat capital's coronavirus sick
- 'This ship is truly mercy on the water': Gov. Gavin Newsom and Mayor Eric Garcetti greet Navy hospital ship in Los Angeles as California braces for surge in COVID-19 infections
- Britain's second crisis hospital: Former IBM factory near Glasgow is offered to NHS Scotland in battle against coronavirus as London's ExCel Centre is kitted out with 4,000 beds and two morgues
- Army join the front line in war on coronavirus as squaddies finish building emergency Nightingale Hospital in London ahead of first patients arriving TODAY
- Dedicated coronavirus field hospital to be constructed in Canberra, opening next month
- Britain prepares for the worst: Army delivers oxygen to London's ExCel Centre as workers turn it into a 4,000-bed hospital with two morgues - while Manchester Arena and Birmingham NEC are also earmarked for coronavirus battle
- Ventilator 'rationing' begins in UK: Only patients with 'reasonable certainty' of survival are put on the machines at London hospital – as Britain's coronavirus death toll rises by 209 to 1,228 and infections jump by 2,483 to 19,522
- Coronavirus live updates: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson taken to hospital
- Latest La Grange Coronavirus Updates
- Top European teaching hospitals running out of coronavirus drugs
- Coronavirus cruise ship passengers bound for Perth hospitals after Artania COVID-19 outbreak
- The Latest: US Open tennis site to house temporary hospital
- Bay Area coronavirus updates: Santa Rita Jail reports first confirmed case of coronavirus
- Trump Sends Off Navy Hospital Ship Set to Aid N.Y.C.'s Coronavirus Fight, Weighs Three-State Quarantine
|Vera Bradley Smartphone Wristlet in La Neon Rose$9.49||Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Collage Apple iPhone 5 or iPhone 5s or iPod Touch 5th Generation Case By Old School2.0★ / check it now at Amazon||The Osmonds - Live in Las Vegas 50th Anniversary Reunion Concert4.5★ / $7.25||Loose in La [Blu-ray] check it now at Amazon||Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas4.2★ / $9.79||Celine Dion: Live in Las Vegas - A New Day [Blu-ray]4.7★ / $24.85||Saved By The Bell Double Feature: Hawaiian Style/Wedding in Las Vegas5.0★ / $39.98||Celine Dion: A New Day - Live in Las Vegas4.7★ / $17.12||Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]4.9★ / $23.68||Lost in La Mancha$4.36||The Osmonds Live in Las Vegas 50th Anniversary 2 DVD Collector's Edition4.5★ / $23.69||Four Tops - Live In Las Vegas 20063.0★ / $9.99||Meet Me In Las Vegas [Remaster]4.3★ / $9.49||Going Down in LA-LA Land4.4★ / $20.97||Cry-Baby / Public Enemies / Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Triple Feature4.5★ / $29.95||Slightly Single in LA [Blu-ray] check it now at Amazon||Live In Las Vegas2.6★ / check it now at Amazon||Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas [Blu-ray]4.4★ / $9.99||Saved By the Bell- Double Feature (Hawaiian Style / Wedding In Las Vegas)4.7★ / $62.99||Jiminy Glick in La La Wood check it now at Amazon||Diana Ross: Live In Las Vegas2.3★ / $79.99||Macy Gray: Live in Las Vegas4.0★ / $1.66||Clint Holmes: An Evening with Clint Holmes - Live in Las Vegas5.0★ / $15.99||Slightly Single in LA$7.45||Playboy EXPOSED Naughty Girls Party in LA check it now at Amazon||Kiss - Live in Las Vegas1.7★ / $7.45||Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (The Criterion Collection)4.3★ / $15.98||Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Limited Edition Steelbook (Blu-ray + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet)5.0★ / $19.99||Orange Is the New Black: Cast and Creators Live at PALEYFEST in LA5.0★ / check it now at Amazon||Elton John: Live in Las Vegas - The Concert [Import]5.0★ / check it now at Amazon||Live in Las Vegas 19881.0★ / $16.65||Fairuz (Live in Las Vegas)5.0★ / check it now at Amazon||Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas [HD DVD]3.7★ / $7.76||Going Down in LA-LA Land [Blu-ray/DVD combo]4.5★ / $42.07||GIRLS' GENERATION IN LAS VEGAS Photo Book + DVD + MD + Poster K-POP Sealed (2014 New DVD Album from SNSD)5.0★ / check it now at Amazon||Alfredo Kraus - Live in Las Palmas 1995$49.95||Live In Las Vegas - A New Day...5.0★ / $2.92||Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas [Blu-ray] [Import]$7.08||Twisted Christmas: Live in Las Vegas$18.53||A Nightmare In Las Cruces [DVD]$14.79||Girls Going Crazy in Las Vegas, Vol. 2$19.95||Anna Maria Rizzoli in La Cameriera Seduce I Villegianti DVD Unrated Uncut Import Region 2 Pal Italian Film check it now at Amazon||A Summer In La Goulette$14.99||Meet Me in Las Vegas - Cyd Charisse, Dan Dailey, Agnes Moorehead <DVD-R><Remastered Edition > Colorized (1956) check it now at Amazon||Meet Me In Las Vegas2.2★ / check it now at Amazon||Gbh:Live in La/Live at Victoria Hall check it now at Amazon||The Big Lebowski (HD DVD) / Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (HD DVD) (2 Pack)5.0★ / check it now at Amazon||Celine Dion: Live in Las Vegas - A New Day3.0★ / $13.92||U2 Joshua Tree Live In LA check it now at Amazon||A Summer in La Goulette ( Un t à La Goulette ) ( Halk-el-wad ) [ NON-USA FORMAT, PAL, Reg.2 Import - France ]3.8★ / check it now at Amazon|
Latest: Hospital Capacity In La Vergne-Smyrna Area have 1693 words, post on patch.com at December 22, 2021. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.