State officials released new data concerning the number of red zones in CT and the vaccination rates for every town in CT.
Rich Kirby Patch Staff
CONNECTICUT — The number of Connecticut towns in the COVID-19 red zone has dropped eight from last week, to 83, in the most recent data released from the state Department of Public Health.
The color codes correspond to guidance from the health department. Populations in the red zone have reported 15 or more cases per 100,000 people over a two-week average.
Those communities in the orange zone, which have 10-14 cases per 100,000 people over a two-week average, are Avon, Bethlehem, Bloomfield, Branford, Bridgeport, Brookfield, Burlington, Colchester, Danbury, Durham, East Haddam, East Lyme, East Windsor, Easton, Ellington, Fairfield, Farmington, Greenwich, Groton, Hamden, Killingly, Killingworth, Lebanon, New Milford, Newington, North Canaan, Old Saybrook, Pomfret, Portland, Salem, Shelton, Sherman, Simsbury, Somers, South Windsor, Southbury, Stamford, Stonington, Suffield, Tolland, Washington, West , artford, Wethersfield, Willington, Wilton, Windsor Locks and Woodstock.
One zone down in the yellow zone are Bethany, Bethel, Canton, Clinton, Coventry, Darien, Essex, Guilford, Haddam, Madison, Mansfield, New Canaan, Redding, Ridgefield, Thompson, Westbrook, Westport, Winchester and Woodbury. These municipalities have reported five to nine cases per 100,000 people over a two-week average.
In the gray zone with fewer than five cases per 100,000 people over two weeks are Andover, Barkhamsted, Bridgewater, Canaan, Chester, Colebrook, Cornwall, Deep River, Eastford, Goshen, Granby, Hampton, Hartland, Kent, Middlefield, Morris, Norfolk, Roxbury, Scotland and Weston.
All other towns and cities are in the state’s red zone.
As of Thursday, Connecticut residents who have received at least one vaccine dose by age group include more than 95 percent of those over the age of 65, 89 percent of those between 55-64, 80 percent of those between 45-54, 79 percent of those between 35-44, 71 percent of those between 25-34, 67 percent of those between 18-24, 76 percent of those between 16-17, and 66 percent of those between 12-15.
The rate of vaccinations of the youngest, eligible age tier, residents 12-15, is slowing, upless less than 2 percent from last week. Vaccinations for the next youngest, and school age tier, 16-24, have also slowed to less than three-quarters of a percent. Other age tiers continue to edge up around a point or less a week.
Vaccination rates vary widely across the state, with the western portion of Connecticut being much more thoroughly inoculated than the eastern population. Canaan leads all Connecticut towns with 98.86 percent of its population fully vaccinated as of Thursday.
The rules of replying:
- Be respectful.
- Be transparent.
- Keep it local and relevant.
- Review the Patch Community Guidelines.
- After big game, Jones gives Packers another red zone option
- PUBG PS4 Update: Patch Note 1 Includes PUBG Snow Map Vikendi, Survivor Pass and Much More
- Even without power because of storm, ratings say KC found a way to watch Chiefs
- AAF Week 4 scores, highlights, updates: Denard Robinson extends Legends lead; Iron suffer first loss
- AAF Week 4 scores, highlights, updates: Hotshots tie it up with Legends late; Iron suffer first loss
- AAF Week 4 scores, highlights, updates: Legends stun Hotshots for first win; Iron suffer first loss
- AAF Week 4 scores, highlights, updates: Legends' Matt Simms exits with injury; Iron suffer first loss
- AAF Week 4 scores, highlights, updates: San Antonio Commanders hand Birmingham Iron first loss
- 2019 Citrus Bowl odds line: Kentucky vs. Penn State picks, predictions from top-rated expert who's 10-3 on Nittany Lions games
- Rams vs. Cowboys results: Score, updates, highlights from LA's NFC divisional win
- NFL games today, Week 13 scores, highlights, updates, schedule: Russell Wilson throws three first-half TDs
- NFL games today, Week 13 scores, highlights, updates, schedule: Marcus Mariota leads late comeback over Jets
- NFL games today, Week 11 scores, highlights, updates, schedule: Roethlisberger just barely gets game-winning TD
- NFL games today, Week 11 scores, highlights, updates, schedule: Drew Brees, Saints carving up Eagles
- NFL games today, Week 11 scores, highlights, updates, schedule: Raiders, Broncos pull off late upsets
- Rams vs. Saints: Score, live updates, highlights from NFC championship game
- Red Sox notes: Cora wants Eduardo Rodriguez to pitch confidently
- Dave Cantrall’s Rating the State for boys’ basketball (Feb. 24)
- Postseason Fantasy Football: Updated Playoff Challenge rankings, DFS plays for Divisional Round
- Patrick Mahomes wasn’t Pro Football Focus’ top-rated QB, but he won its All-Pro honor
|For Casio G'zOne Commando 4G LTE C811 Rubberized Hard Snap On Cover Case Red check it now at Amazon||Nextkin LG Optimus Zone 2 Fuel VS415PP L34C Hard Plastic Front And Back Protector Snap On Cover Case - Red LadyBug check it now at Amazon||Stack-On PR-19 19-Inch Pro Tool Box, Black/Red check it now at Amazon||Stack-On R-519-2 All-Purpose Tool Steel Tool Box 19", Red check it now at Amazon||IT-0-1 Second Generation 19" Carry On Duffel Color: Red check it now at Amazon||Scoring in the Red Zone: How to Lead Successfully When the Pressure Is on$13.15||SITUATION RED: The UFO Siege: An Update on Strange and Frequently Frightening Encounters$54.33||Red Zone: A Novel Based on a True Story check it now at Amazon||From A Red Zone: Critical Perspectives on Race, Politics & Culture check it now at Amazon||Pandemic: COVID-19$2.99||The Truth About COVID-19: Exposing The Great Reset, Lockdowns, Vaccine Passports, and the New Normal$9.99||PREMIUM COVID-19 VACCINATED SILICONE WRISTBAND - 2-PACK ADULT SIZE BRACELET - FOR VACCINATION IDENTIFICATION$4.95||I Got My Covid 19 Vaccine Stickers - US Flag Design - 1.5 Inch Diameter - 500 Labels per roll$14.95||A Shot to Save the World: The Inside Story of the Life-or-Death Race for a COVID-19 Vaccine$19.89||The New Joe Biden Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate: The Truth About Joe Biden's 6 Step Nation Wide Plan In Combating Covid-19$7.99||The Wuhan Coronavirus: Survival Manual and Concise Guide to COVID-19 (Symptoms, Outbreak, and Prevention in 2020)$18.95||1/21/19: Red and Blue check it now at Amazon||Decoding COVID-19$2.99||Principles of Microeconomics: COVID-19 Update$161.76||GIANTmicrobes COVID-19 Vaccine Plush Keychain$8.95||OMICRON COVID 19 VARIANT OF CONCERN: AN UPDATE$2.99||Covid-19 Vaccine: Issues and Way Forward$2.99||My Choice: The Ethical Case Against COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates$12.99||GUIDE ON FDA APPROVED OMICRON TESTING: All You Need To Know About FDA Omicron Covid-19 Testing$8.99||Framework for Equitable Allocation of COVID-19 Vaccine$65||Vaccins et immunisation: Avec hématome recherche de la maladie à Coronavirus (COVID-19) & Vaccination (French Edition)$85||COVID-19: The Greatest Cover-Up in History—From Wuhan to the White House (Front Page Detectives)$16.99||Coronavirus Awareness Ribbon Pins – Red & Yellow Ribbon Pin for COVID-19 Awareness, Fundraising, Gift-Giving and Support (1 Pin)$10.99||Bias in Reporting on the COVID-19 Pandemic (Focus on Media Bias)$8.15||Duty of Care: One NHS Doctor’s Story of Courage and Compassion on the COVID-19 Frontline$11.95||The Vaccine: Inside the Race to Conquer the COVID-19 Pandemic$14.99||Longshot: The Inside Story of the Race for a COVID-19 Vaccine$25.94||The COVID-19 Vaccine: An Expert's Medical Guide for All$4.99||mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine The Human GM Frontier: SAFETY/EFFICIENCY/FUTURE APPLICATIONS/CRISPR$2.99||Bob Explains How the Covid-19 Vaccine Works (Bob the Bot)$6.95||'I Got My COVID-19 Vaccine' Stickers - ROLL of 500 - Bulk Vaccination Shot Sticker Button Badge - 1.6 Inch Wearable Stickers$7.99||CDC Record Card Protectors 5pcs Covid-19 Vaccinated Pin Buttons 10pcs I Got My Covid 19 Vaccine$9.99||COVID-19 Vaccine While Pregnant: The Essential Guide to Know if the COVID-19 vaccine is Safe During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding.$19.99||Vaccinated Bracelets 30 Pack I Have Got My Covid-19 Vaccine Silicone Wristband Covid Vaccination Bracelets$13.99||Handbook of Research on Pathophysiology and Strategies for the Management of COVID-19$425||METHYLENE BLUE AND COVID-19: An In-depth Research and Report on MB for COVID-19$8.99||I Got My COVID-19 Vaccine Stickers Check Mark 1.5 Inch 25 Total Labels$7.89||I Got My COVID-19 Vaccine Stickers Dark Blue and Red 1.5 Inch 500 Total Labels$18.99||Press Conference on Covid-19 Economic Relief Executive Orders (8/8/2020) check it now at Amazon||Beginning Findings on Covid-19 Symptoms Among Harvard University College Students: Part 1 - Introduction to Covid-19 Testing$9.99||1.5" Covid Vaccine Sticker Round Labels on a I Got My Covid-19 Vaccine Sticker 500 Pcs Per Roll (G)$15.49||Vaccine 4 1 1 - Daily News on the Covid-19 and Coronavirus Vaccines check it now at Amazon||THE TRUTHS AND LIES OF COVID-19 VACCINES: Updates and Answers to Frequently Asked Questions on Vaccinations$11.99||President Trump's Novel Coronavirus Response: What He Said and Did on COVID-19$9.99||COVID Vaccine Pins (5-Pack Red) - I've Been Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Button For Doctors, Nurses, Hospitals (2.25")$7.99|
Updates On COVID-19 Red Zones, Vaccination Rates In Connecticut have 1364 words, post on patch.com at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.