On Thursday's broadcast of MSNBC's "ReidOut," host Joy Reid stated that it's "anti-immigrant xenophobia" and "absurdly racist" for Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) to claim that the Biden administration's immigration policies are helping spread coronavirus. Reid said, "After following [Florida Gov.] DeSantis (R) down the COVID denial path and recklessly opening up his state without any restrictions this week, he's deflecting criticism by dishing out anti-immigrant xenophobia." After playing a clip of Abbott stating that the Biden administration was spreading the coronavirus by not having stricter restrictions on illegal immigration, Reid said that the claim is an "absurdly racist" one. Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- Facebook vows to help Germany combat racist, xenophobic content
- Everything I Learned About Women at the Republican National Convention
- Rush After 'A Rape On Campus': A UVA Alum Goes Back to Rugby Road
- Ransomware: An executive guide to one of the biggest menaces on the web
- Is it OK for AOL's Techcrunch Editors to invest in companies they write about?
- Following in the Footsteps of the American Girls Who Went to Red Russia
- The Trump Trap: Which Republican Candidates Have Rolled Over for a Political Monster?
- Senate approves immigration bill with increased H-1B visas
- 25 Complaints to the US Military Broadcasting Network About Political Bias, Sexual Assault PSAs, and 'Faggot Movies'
- What Do Feminists Owe Kellyanne Conway?
MSNBC’s Reid: ‘Absurdly Racist’ to Say Lax Border Policies Help Spread COVID have 237 words, post on www.breitbart.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.