Former Vice President Mike Pence declined the Conservative Political Action Conference's (CPAC) invitation to speak at the event, a source familiar with the development confirmed to Breitbart News. A source familiar with Pence's thinking told Breitbart News not to read too much into this decision, noting he is spending the immediate timeframe after his term in office focused on family and getting pieces into place–like accepting senior positions at the Heritage Foundation and Young America's Foundation, as Breitbart News reported . Expect Pence to be very vocal in the coming months ahead, this source said. In the meantime, former President Donald Trump will be making his first post-presidential appearance at the conservative gathering in Florida next weekend, according to reports . Trump has been keeping a relatively low profile since he retired from the White House to Palm Beach, Florida, in January, but reemerged last week to conduct a series of phone-in interviews to commemorate the death of conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh. Trump has a long history with CPAC, which played a key role in his emergence as a political force. This piece has been updated with extra information on Pence's decision not to speak at CPAC.
- Mike Pence coming to Tempe for Trump-inspired 'America First' event, fundraiser
- Steele dossier: Donald Trump denounced the document as fake, but some of its contents have turned out to be true
- 'Remember sailor': Donald Trump tweets bizarre message to James Comey
- Donald Trump admits his Veterans Affairs nominee has 'lack of experience' but White House stands by him anyway
- Michelle Wolf roasts Donald Trump and shocks media with incredible attack at White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- Diamond and Silk: Who are the Donald Trump super-fans and why are they angry with Facebook?
- Sara Huckabee Sanders Tweets 'Quantum Entanglement' Mike Pence Photo
- Donald Trump shown trying to hold Melania's hand in supremely-awkward footage
- Donald Trump's ex doctor says office was 'raided' for medical files
- Donald Trump will not attend the Summit of the Americas
Mike Pence Declined CPAC Invitation, Donald Trump Accepted have 328 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 21, 2021. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.