close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for January 12 Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com. A maxi-trial opened Wednesday in southern Italy against the ‘ndrangheta crime syndicate, arguably the world’s richest criminal organization that quietly amassed power in Italy as the Sicilian Mafia lost its influence. The hearing against more than 300 defendants opened in a specially constructed bunker on the sprawling grounds of an industrial park in Calabria, the “toe” of the Italian peninsula. Prosecutors are hoping the trial will be a decisive blow for the ‘ndrangheta, the Calabrian-based mob organization that has exploited tens of billions of dollars in cocaine revenues to extend its criminal reach across Europe and into several continents. SAMMY ‘THE BULL’ GRAVANO REFLECTS ON MAFIA, LEGENDARY HIT AND WHAT’S CHANGED IN NEW PODCAST A screen anchored to the ceiling shows the participants following the first hearing of a maxi-trial against more than 300 defendants of the ‘ndrangheta crime syndicate in a specially constructed bunker near the Calabrian town of Lamezia Terme, southern Italy, Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. (AP Photo/Gianfranco Stara) Anti-mafia Prosecutor Nicola Gratteri told reporters as he arrived Wednesday that the trial was a turning… Read full this story
- Italian mafia boss ‘fed alive to pigs’
- Italian mafia kills 3-year-old after his grandfather fails to settle drug debt: prosecutor
- Jailed Italian Mafia boss to teach law course to practicing lawyers
- Italian murder trial stopped after judge spots court staff having sex
- Notorious real estate heir Robert Durst’s trespassing trial begins
- Italian cops bust ‘merciless killer’ mob boss who hid for 20 years
- Trial begins for accused mobster Vincent Asaro in Lufthansa 'Goodfellas' heist
- Pope Francis says Italian Mafia members are 'excommunicated'
- Sting’s massive Italian estate renovated by mafia-linked construction firms: authorities
- Tommy 'Shots' Gioeli trial: Testimony from mob rat cousin bites defense
Massive Italian mafia trial begins against ‘ndrangheta mob have 320 words, post on www.foxnews.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.