Kyle Shanahan said Sunday that he can be stingy with compliments when it comes to Deebo Samuel, but the 49ers head coach was generous when speaking with reporters about his wrecking-ball wide receiver. “He’s one of the best football players I’ve been around,” Shanahan said. That’s lofty praise for a guy who has played in 20 NFL games. But it sounded appropriate after Samuel’s performance in the 49ers’ 23-20 win over the Rams. Samuel, returning from a three-game absence due to a hamstring injury, had a career-high 11 catches for 133 yards and, well, a seemingly endless amount of broken tackles. Rams head coach Sean McVay, discussing Samuel’s ability to stay upright while bouncing off defenders, said he had “great contact balance.” Samuel set up the 49ers’ first touchdown, which came on a 75-yard drive, with receptions of 33 and 26 yards. And he had three catches for 35 yards on a 56-yard drive that was capped by Robbie Gould’s game-winning field goal as time expired. “I can’t tell you how good Deebo Samuel was today,” Shanahan said. “I always mess with him because I’m a very soft compliment type of guy. You’ve never arrived, you always get better. So… Read full this story
- Kyle Shanahan did what on 49ers George Kittle’s first TD?
- Lone 49ers FB Juszczyk (knee) out 4-6 weeks
- 49ers lose RT McGlinchey (knee) for 4-6 weeks
- 49ers mailbag: Panic over Garoppolo, fullback, long snapper?
- What we learned in the 49ers’ 31-3 beatdown of the Browns
- Take 5: Shanahan vs. McVay highlights Week 6
- Kurtenbach: The NFL’s biggest sleeping giant — the 49ers — is awake
- 49ers aim to 'flip the script' in important game against Rams
- 49ers at Rams: 5 ways to stay undefeated
- Halftime report: 49ers 21, Browns 3
Typically stingy, 49ers’ Kyle Shanahan showers Deebo Samuel with praise have 310 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at November 30, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.