President Donald Trump’s campaign said it would request a recount of votes in Wisconsin’s two largest and most Democratic counties, the latest effort to reverse the result of an election Trump lost to President-elect Joe Biden. The Trump campaign said it would file a petition with the Wisconsin Elections Commission to recount results in Milwaukee County and Dane County, which includes Madison and the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin. The commission on Wednesday morning said in a tweet that it had received a $3 million wire transfer from the campaign, but no petition. State law requires a recount petition to be filed by 6 p.m. Eastern time Wednesday to prompt a recount. The commission on Monday said it would cost $7.9 million to conduct a statewide recount of the presidential contest, which Biden won by 20,608 votes out of 3.2 million cast. The estimate for recounting the race in Milwaukee County was $2.04 million, and $740,808 for Dane County.A statewide recount following the 2016 election added 131 votes to Trump’s margin of victory over Hillary Clinton. Dane and Milwaukee counties provided Biden’s two largest margins of victory in Wisconsin. He took 76% of the vote in Dane and… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Falsely Claims Democrats See MS-13 as 'Potential Voters' and Want Them to 'Infest Our Country'
- Fact check: On Memorial Day, Trump falsely attacks Democratic congressman who is a Marine Corps veteran
- Republicans plan to recruit 50,000 volunteer snoopers to check for 'voting fraud' on Election Day in bid to bolster Donald Trump's claims Democrats will 'cheat'
- Obama's Trump attacks electrify Democrats, anger GOP
- 'Liberated' Pelosi bashes Trump — and woos Democratic base
- Trump accuses the Democrats of trying to 'rig the election' with mail-in voting as the GOP sues California's Governor Newsom for sending postal votes to everyone in the state ahead of November
- Donald Trump ‘Thinking’ of Giving World Health Organization $40 Million
- Trump administration signs contract for up to $812 million with new biotech company to make coronavirus drugs on US soil
- Romney attacked for work at Bain Capital while Democratic-leaning Bain execs are spared
- Biden Campaign Aims to Show Wisconsin They’ve Learned From Hillary’s Mistake
Trump to petition for recount of Democratic-leaning counties in Wisconsin, wires $3 million have 369 words, post on www.denverpost.com at November 18, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.