President Donald Trump signed an order Monday to establish the “1776 Commission” in an effort to reform how American schools teach history.The commission “will work to improve understanding of the history and the principles of the founding of the United States among our Nation’s rising generations,” according to a press release. Trump announced the initiative in September, where he slammed The New York Times’ “1619 Project,” which pushes slavery to the center of America’s founding. In a tweet announcing the signed order, Trump wrote that “We will stop the radical indoctrination of our students, and restore PATRIOTIC EDUCATION to our schools!” Just signed an order to establish the 1776 Commission. We will stop the radical indoctrination of our students, and restore PATRIOTIC EDUCATION to our schools! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 2, 2020 The president previously called the “1619 Project” – implemented in schools across the country and criticized by multiple historians – a “crusade against American history.” Trump added that the project “is toxic propaganda, ideological poison that, if not removed, will dissolve the civic bonds that tie us together” and “destroy our country.” Trump’s executive order does not name the “1619 Project” directly, but includes similar language… Read full this story
- Trump inks executive order sanctioning Turkish officials
- White middle school student spat on a black person inside the African American History Museum during a class trip to Washington, DC
- Trump signs new 'Rolls-Royce' wall at Mexican border
- Trump executive orders curtail union business on the taxpayer dime
- Hate crimes are a tragic part of American history
- Discover the Japanese American History Museum in Los Angeles, California.
- Trump signs trade agreements with Japan — live updates
- Sanctions against Turkey are ‘ready to go’ once Trump signs off, Mnuchin says
- A Middle School Student On A Trip To DC Spat On A Black Person At The African American History Museum
- White student spat on black visitor at African American history museum
Trump Signs Executive Order For ‘1776 Commission’ To Help ‘A Rising Generation To Understand’ American History have 328 words, post on dailycaller.com at November 2, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.