close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for November 24 Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com. Tony Gonzales, the newly elected Republican congressman from Texas, brings to Washington a drive to tackle border security and immigration reform – examples of thorny issues that the Navy veteran says politicians have avoided for too long. Gonzales, a Mexican-American first-time politician, will represent a majority Hispanic southern border district that Democrats unsuccessfully targeted to flip this November. Gonzales wants solutions that strike a ”balance” between homeland security and commerce while finding some pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants. “I think it’s a topic that a lot of people — specifically Republicans — haven’t wanted to engage in, and I look forward to engaging in that,” Gonzales told Fox News. Gonzales said he won his competitive race to succeed the retiring Rep. Will Hurd, R-Texas, by putting 70,000 miles on his Ford F-150 truck, launching a bilingual outreach effort and campaigning in pockets along the Mexican border that Republicans had previously ignored. REP.-ELECT AUGUST PFLUGER OF TEXAS CALLS BIDEN OIL PLANS ‘EXTREMELY ALARMING’ “The messenger matters,” Gonzales said of GOP inroads with Hispanic voters. “This is a district that’s over 70% Hispanic. I’m Mexican-American. I’ve got six children. I’m Catholic. I’m… Read full this story
- Smuggled Pork, Poultry, Heroin Seized at Texas Border
- 300 Pounds of Meth, Cocaine Seized at Texas Border
- The American Dream - Are You Truly Living It?
- Victims of the American Dream
- Does the American Dream Exist?
- Conflicting Value Systems - The Paradox at the Heart of the American Dream
- Defending the American Dream
- Toni Morrison the Most Enduring Literary Feminine and African American Voice
- New York hot dogs are the American dream of forcemeat
- Rachael Ray on why she's a 'grateful American': 'The American Dream is still alive'
Rep.-elect Tony Gonzales helps GOP hold Texas border district: 'My story is the American dream' have 323 words, post on www.foxnews.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.