An outright majority of Britons believe the Black Lives Matter movement has increased racial tensions, along with a 44 per cent of people from ethnic minorities.According to an Opinium survey of over 2,000 people, some 55 per cent of Briton’s believe Black Lives Matter has made race relations in society worse rather than better. The remaining 45 per cent of respondents were not all actively opposed to this idea, either, with the figure for people who actively disagreed standing at just 17 per cent. The proportion of white people who believed BLM had inflamed matters was slightly above the national average, while the proportion of Conservative voters with that believe was an astonishing 70 per cent. This illustrates what may be a growing gulf between Conservative voters and Conservative party politicians on BLM-related issues, with the government having been somewhat limp and permissive in its attitude towards the group’s activism and ideology, and even attempting to appease it — with Home Secretary Priti Patel declaring that “Mandatory training is being introduced for new and existing members of Home Office staff to ensure that everyone working in the Department understands and appreciates the history of migration and race in this country” in… Read full this story
- ‘Black Lives Matter’ Nativity Scene Draws Attention At Claremont Unified Methodist Church
- How Black Lives Matter Is Gaining Influence in US and UK Politics, and What's Behind This
- 'So many people care!' The young Britons whose lives were changed by Black Lives Matter
- How Black Lives Matter Inspired a New Generation of Youth Activists
- Black Lives Matter murals to be preserved as expressions of anger and pain born of outrage over racial injustice
- Police Officer Insults Neighbor Over Black Lives Matter Photo on Christmas Card
- Ava DuVernay speaks at Black Lives Matter election event in Los Angeles: 'We are going to fight. We are in a war'
- Black Lives Matter has new expression: South Africa team to raise fists, not take a knee
- Detroit SUES Black Lives Matter for ‘civil conspiracy’ after protests that ‘have repeatedly turned violent’
- Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support Reforms: Poll
Majority of Britons Believe Black Lives Matter Has Increased Racial Tensions have 364 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 30, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.