(CNN)For the second time in as many weeks, France is reeling from the devastation of a brutal knife attack that authorities are ascribing to an Islamist terrorist. On Thursday, three people were stabbed to death at a church in the French city of Nice. While the investigation is still underway, French President Emmanuel Macron said after the incident that the country was under attack by “Islamist and terrorist madness.” France ‘will not give into terrorism’ says Macron, after three stabbed to death in church attack Thursday’s killings follow the murder on October 16 of Samuel Paty, a teacher in the northern Paris suburb of Éragny. He was beheaded after showing cartoons published in the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo depicting the Prophet Mohammed to students in his class. An 18-year-old Chechen refugee admitted to the killing in a social media post before being shot dead by police. The name Charlie Hebdo will be familiar to anyone who remembers the terror attacks that took place in 2015, when gunmen forced their way into the magazine’s offices in Paris and murdered 12 people. The attackers allegedly said they were avenging the Prophet Mohammed. Charlie Hebdo, a small magazine known for provocative and often… Read full this story
- Elaine Quijano is about to become the first Asian-American to moderate a national debate
- As nation debates statues, Colorado Springs park's memorial event turns 150
- Michael Dunn’s Fate and National Debate Rest in Jury’s Hands
- Revamped National Civil Rights Museum Reopens
- France's Strasbourg Remembers Victims of the Christmas Market Attack
- Across the US, Bills to Curb LGBT Rights Are Failing
- 84-year-old man with right-wing links tries to burn French mosque, shoots 2 people
- Europe Faces a Wave of Freed Terror Convicts. Is It Ready?
- Rescue Ships Dock in Spain as Migrant Debate Roils Europe
- 5 Detained as France Hunts Christmas Market Terror Suspect
Terror in France reignites a national debate on the right to offend have 321 words, post on edition.cnn.com at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.