During his interview with Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) just a few days before she could become the first woman of color—or woman, period, for that matter—to be elected vice president of the United States, Trevor Noah asked her a simple question about her name that elicited a deeply thoughtful response. “Your name,” the Daily Show host began as his guest began to crack a smile. “Why does it seem like it becomes harder to pronounce your name the more conservative a person is? Because I’ve noticed that there are some people you’re worked with in the Senate who don’t seem to know your name.” Noting that “any immigrant” or “child of immigrants” has a similar story, Noah asked, “How does this make you feel when you see people fighting about your name?” As she often does in interviews, Harris was laughing genially during the question, but then she turned more serious than usual as she began to answer. “Well, that’s an interesting way to ask the question,” the senator replied. “Because when I see the people who have had the experience of having been given a name from their family, which is one of the greatest gifts that a family… Read full this story
- Trump Fanboys Gear Up to Smear Kamala Harris and Jill Biden
- Staring down Trump, Kamala Harris says she stands with protesters on racial equality
- On Heels of GOP Convention, Trump Trains Rhetorical Fire on Kamala Harris
- Kamala Harris Says Based on Video of Jacob Blake Shooting, Officer 'Should Be Charged'
- Kamala Harris Says Trump Spends Time in 'Different Reality', Slams POTUS Over Statements on Racism
- Leadership starts the day you are born, Kamala Harris tells South Asian women
- Kamala Harris accuses Donald Trump of ignoring 'reality of America right now' in speech hours before his RNC address slamming him on COVID and racial equality and vowing not to let 'vigilantes and extremists' derail racial justice
- Kamala Harris remembers childhood visits to India, credits grandfather for teaching importance of fighting for democracy
- Exclusive — Sen. Rand Paul: Instead of Condemning Leftist Rioters, Joe Biden Blames Trump and Kamala Harris Offers Bail Money
- Kamala Harris, Mike Pence to both be in Wisconsin on Monday
Kamala Harris Shuts Down ‘Childish’ Men Who Mispronounce Her Name have 382 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.