Back in 2018, when Bob Woodward first reported that President Donald Trump had ordered the assassination of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Trump baulked at the mere suggestion. “No, that was never even contemplated, nor would it be contemplated and it should not have been written about in the book,” he said at the time. Well, on Tuesday morning, he admitted that it was actually true. In an interview with Fox & Friends, Trump happily contradicted himself and said: “I would’ve rather taken [Assad] out. I had it all set. Mattis didn’t want to do it.” Asked if he regretted not killing Assad, the president said: “No, I don’t regret that. I could have lived either way with that. I considered [Assad] certainly not a good person. But I had a shot to take him out if I wanted but Mattis was against it.” According to Woodward’s first book on the dysfunctional Trump administration, Fear, Mattis actually told Trump he would “get right on it” when the president suggested the assassination, but then developed a safer plan that didn’t personally endanger Assad. Trump has clearly not forgotten that reported sleight. In his Fox & Friends interview, he repeatedly laid into Mattis,… Read full this story
- Trump Finally Admits His Campaign Colluded With Russia At Trump Tower Meeting
- Donald Trump finally admits Obama was born in U.S., while lying about who started racist rumors
- Donald Trump Just Admitted to a Federal Crime in 'Fox & Friends' Interview, Obama Ethics Chief Says
- Donald Trump Basically Admitted To A Federal Crime
- Pres. Trump cancels military parade, 'maybe next year'
- U.S. Allies Ask Fellow Syrians to Stop Fighting Assad and Save Their Country
- STASI: Trump finally acknowledging the ugliness of anti-Semitism won’t stop the hate he inspires
- US President Donald Trump Urged to Stop Tweeting on Trump Tower Meeting
- Donald Trump vows to stop being ‘nice’ to Hillary Clinton: ‘no more Mr. Nice Guy’
- Puerto Rico Finally Admits It Wildly Underestimated Hurricane Maria Death Toll
Trump Finally Admits He Had to Be Stopped From Assassinating Assad After Years of Denying It have 349 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at September 15, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.