(CNN)More than 85 fires are burning across the West Coast in an unprecedented event that’s already scorched millions of acres. In California, at least 25 wildfires are now raging after powerful winds and an extreme heat wave over the weekend. “We have fires burning in the north part of the state all the way down to the Mexican border, about 800 miles between the furthest distant fires, so we’re stretched across the landscape,” Cal Fire Chief Thom Porter told CNN. In Oregon, thousands of residents evacuated their homes in efforts to escape the flames that have already scorched through more than 230,000 acres. Gov. Kate Brown approved an emergency conflagration declaration Tuesday for three fires burning across the state to help get more resources to local responders. “This is definitely a once-in-a-generation event,” Brown said during a news conference. Read More In Washington state, more acres were burned Monday than have been burned in the past 12 fire seasons, Gov. Jay Inslee said, and continuing dry conditions are fueling the blazes. At least 100,000 people were out of power across the state Tuesday. And in one eastern Washington town, flames destroyed more than 80% of homes and public infrastructure. “I… Read full this story
- California wildfires burn amid red flag weather conditions
- ‘Firenado’ Spotted As Hog Fire Scorches 8,000 Acres In Northern California
- Video shows firefighters reviving dog after rescuing it and 5 others from burning home in Washington, D.C.
- United Arab Emirates postpones its 'Hope' Mars mission until Thursday due to adverse weather conditions at the Japanese launch site
- NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery weather conditions Friday to Sunday
- Hog Fire In NorCal Grows To 9,400 Acres As Firefighters Contend With Hail, Thunderstorms
- Hot, dry conditions prompt statewide burn ban on DNR land
- Containment Increases In Hog Fire, Gold Fire Burning In NorCal
- Massive 'fire cloud' generates its own weather over Hog Fire
- Huge 50 mile-wide swarm of flying ants so big it could be seen from SPACE shows up on Met Office's weather radar as 84F heat launches scorching weekend
Millions of acres are burning in Oregon, California and Washington and weather conditions are no help have 347 words, post on edition.cnn.com at September 9, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.