Indian Defense Minister Rajnath Singh testified before the nation’s parliament on Tuesday that China had “mobilized a huge number of Army battalions and armaments” along its border with India recently, fueling mounting clashes between the two nuclear-capable militaries.Tensions have soared along the India-China border, formally known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC), this summer, peaking with a hand-to-hand melee in June that resulted in dozens of deaths in the Galwan Valley, located in India’s Ladakh region. Despite Beijing insisting that China did not suffer significant casualties in that exchange, Singh told Parliament that Indian troops “inflicted costs, including casualties, on the Chinese side.” Retired Indian Army General V.K. Singh estimated at the time that twice the number of Chinese soldiers as their Indian counterparts died in the exchange. China still denies that it incurred any casualties at press time. Speaking to Parliament, Rajnath Singh warned that, despite diplomats from both countries signing a vague agreement to deescalate tensions last week, China has increased its military presence on the border. “China has mobilized a huge number of Army battalions and armaments along LAC and inner areas. There are many friction points in eastern Ladakh, Gogra, Kongka La, Pangong Lake’s north and south banks,” Singh said on… Read full this story
- India's Modi and China's Xi eye new border security steps in summit talks
- Whom Did the Chinese Defense Minister Warn?
- Yemeni Ex-Chief of General Staff Appointed New Defense Minister
- Former defense minister, wife remanded after testimonies
- Defense Minister welcomes senior Indian official
- Turkey-US joint patrols in Syria's Manbij could start today or tomorrow, Defense Minister Akar says
- Ukraine's defense minister doesn't rule out full-scale Russian aggression (Video)
- Turkey against US plans to establish observation posts on Syria border, Defense Minister Akar says
- Israeli defense minister says Gaza protests ‘cannot continue,’ urges tougher measures
- ‘We’re feeding a monster’: Resigned Israeli defense minister gives last sinister warning about Hamas
Indian Defense Minister: China Placed ‘Huge Number’ of Troops on Border have 337 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 15, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.