As CNN and MSNBC flashed breaking-news banners about new recordings of President Donald Trump admitting to journalist Bob Woodward in his new book Rage that he was actively misleading the American public about the COVID-19 pandemic, Fox News pretended like nothing was going on. It wasn’t until a few moments before White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany was set to take the podium that they finally acknowledged the bombshell story. “We think one of the things that could come up in this press briefing is about a book written by Bob Woodward,” host Melissa Francis warned viewers just before the 1 p.m. hour. She laid out the details about Trump’s attempts to downplay the virus even though he knew how “deadly” it was in February. At the same time, she stressed that no one at Fox had heard the recordings and the show did not play the tapes for viewers like other networks had already done by that point. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who happened to be on Fox’s Outnumbered to promote her new book, struggled to defend the president by attacking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and praising his partial ban on travel from China. Co-host and unofficial Trump adviser Pete… Read full this story
- Fox News Judge Dismisses Trump's 'I Want Nothing' Defense: 'Clear Understanding President Wanted Some Things From the Ukrainians'
- Fox News Host Hits Back at Donald Trump, Calling President's Criticism 'Fake'
- Former Fox News anchor Shepard Smith, a frequent Trump target, blasts 'vilification' of journalists
- Fox News Anchor Confronts Mike Pence Over Trump Not Informing Nancy Pelosi About al-Baghdadi Raid
- Fox News Host Pete Hegseth Privately Lobbied Trump to Pardon Accused War Criminals
- Donald Trump Calls Bob Woodward “Liar” After ‘Today’ Appearance; Woodward Says President “Detached” & Security “Threat”
- John Oliver Translates Bob Woodward Book: “The President’s An Idiot And We’re All Going To Die”
- Fox News in a State of ‘Bedlam’ As Trump Faces Impeachment: Report
- With Shep Smith Gone, Is Fox News’ Transition to Propaganda Complete?
- Former Fox News anchor Shep Smith takes thinly-veiled swipe at Donald Trump over 'vilification of the press' in first public comments since he quit the network
Fox News Rushes to Dismiss Bob Woodward Revelations on Trump Downplaying Coronavirus have 375 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at September 9, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.