Photo: Karen Ballard Photo: Karen Ballard Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: Karen Ballard David Oyelowo Explains How Acting Helped With His Directorial Debut on ‘The Water Man’ 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Click here to read the full article. “Selma” star David Oyelowo did not originally plan to make his feature film directing debut in 2020. But when the first director for “The Water Man” left for another project during the financing stage, Oyelowo stepped up. His film is now set to debut at the Toronto Intl. Film Festival on Sept. 19. “The Water Man” centers around a boy named Gunner (Lonnie Chavis) who enlists the help of a girl named Jo (Amiah Miller) when his mother (Rosario Dawson) falls ill, hoping to find a local legend known as the Water Man, who has the power to cheat death. More from Variety ‘Concrete Cowboy’ Review: Idris Elba Plays a Tough Inner-City Horseman in Masterful Father-Son Drama ‘Violation’ Review: Disturbing Rape-Revenge Thriller Subverts Genre Trappings TIFF Filmmaker Lab Talent Jorge Cadena Talks About Indigenous Queer Project ‘Tropical Malady’ The director told Variety that he plans to continue his acting career but is interested in… Read full this story
- David Oyelowo: 'People of colour have been expunged from British history'
- David Oyelowo: Selma's Oscars snub 'bothers me'
- David Oyelowo Backs Black British Actress Playing Harriet Tubman
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West's daughter North makes directorial debut with homemade ‘Old Town Road’ music video
- Halle Berry injured during shooting of her directorial debut 'Bruised'
- Mark O’Brien Sets Feature Directorial Debut With ‘The Righteous’
- Yardie review – Idris Elba's directorial debut is an uneven disappointment
- Teenage girl reaffirms people's 'faith in humanity' after helping blind and deaf man on plane
- David Harewood says black British actors may be better suited to American roles
- Explained: What ‘leaked’ Chinese government documents say about Uighur detention camps
David Oyelowo Explains How Acting Helped With His Directorial Debut on ‘The Water Man’ have 319 words, post on www.sfgate.com at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.