Photo: Courtesy Of YouTube Photo: Courtesy Of YouTube Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: Courtesy Of YouTube China Box Office: ‘Mulan’ Is No Hero With $23 Million Debut 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Click here to read the full article. Disney’s “Mulan” opened in China this weekend with disappointing figures of just $23 million, far from the slam dunk it had hoped for in a critical territory. While it still was the highest grosser of the weekend, it came in just a hair above the local historical epic “The Eight Hundred,” which grossed $21.7 million, according to data from the Maoyan industry tracker. More from Variety ‘Tenet’ Hits $200 Million Globally, Despite Lackluster U.S. Box Office Warner Bros. Won’t Share ‘Tenet’ Box Office Data, Angering Rival Studios From ‘MASH’ to ‘Mulan,’ Rosalind Chao Reflects on an Impressive Career Industry players say that Disney may have chosen to put aside the levity and musical numbers of the original animated film for this live-action adaptation in an attempt to appeal to Chinese audiences. Ironically, by Sunday, ticket sales for China’s homegrown “The Eight Hundred” — a similarly humorless, patriotic war film — had already exceeded… Read full this story
- Ittymaani Made In China Box Office Collections (Day 1): An Excellent Start For The Mohanlal Starrer!
- U.S., China box office find their own favorites in 2018
- Terminator: Dark Fate Flops At Box Office, Could Lose $100 Million
- Terminator: Dark Fate Flops at Box Office with Only $29 Million Weekend
- Housefull 4 Vs Made In China Vs Saand Ki Aankh Box Office Prediction (Day 1): Who Will Win Big?
- Saand Ki Aankh box office prediction: Taapsee-Bhumi film to get a decent start
- Disney's The Lion King live-action remake roars to the top of the box office with a mighty $185 million haul
- Terminator: Dark Fate could lose upwards of $100 million after disappointing box office debut
- 'Tomorrowland' Box Office Collections: Beats Pitch Perfect 2
- Terminator: Dark Fate knocks Joker off box office top spot... but Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton reunion grosses disappointing $29M
China Box Office: ‘Mulan’ Is No Hero With $23 Million Debut have 344 words, post on www.sfgate.com at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.