In mid-August, 2020, an unusual heat wave fixated over California, leading to a series of lightning storms across the state and numerous wildfires. Hundreds of thousands of acres were burned and tens of thousands of residents were forced to evacuate their homes. Below is an account of how the fires spread and officials responded to the emergency. Read the previous updates from Sept. 4-5 Updates from Monday, Sept. 7: 10:30 p.m. Sonoma County Sheriff issues new evacuation order and warning near Walbridge Fire: Flare-ups from the Walbridge Fire Monday night prompted a mandatory evacuation order for Zone 2E4, south of Mill Creek Road, north of Sweetwater Springs Road, west of Westside Road, and east of Palmer Creek Road. An evacuation warning was issued for Zone 1D5, north of the Russian River, east of Armstrong Woods Road, west of Westside Road and south of Sweetwater Springs Road. Cal Fire said forward progress of the fire had been stopped. However, a red flag warning for high winds is in effect in the area. First responders were going door to door to assist. View the interactive evacuation map and search by address at https://arcg.is/0buuL1 Embed 4226439Z-1599546101149 nws tweet 8:19 p.m. Creek Fire rescue… Read full this story
- California wildfires: Death toll reaches grim milestone
- California wildfires: Eight images that reveal scale of devastation
- Actor Gerard Butler's home destroyed by California wildfire
- Live updates: Jameis Winston won’t be charged in sexual assault investigation
- California wildfires: 'I saw cars become metal and bones'
- Kings lend a helping hand for those affected by California wildfires
- UFC Fight Night Phoenix: Live updates
- American League wild-card race update: Sept. 20
- American League wild-card race update: Sept. 18
- American League wild-card race update: Sept. 23
California Wildfires: Live Updates Sept. 6-7 have 298 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at September 8, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.