(CNN)Democrats are openly accusing the Trump administration and US Postmaster General Brian DeJoy of “deliberate sabotage” of the postal service before an election that will rely on the mail system like no other in history. There is certainly evidence of slower mail service, cuts in overtime and hours and other things. Trump’s criticism of the postal service is well-documented, going back to his grudge against Jeff Bezos, and how Amazon utilizes the postal system. But the leap to allegations of “direct sabotage” is frightening, since it suggests a conspiracy of sorts to hurt the mail system and, as a result, help Trump’s election chances. White House aides, in a corollary to Republican efforts to challenge mail-in voting in the courts, have considered some kind of executive action related to mail-in voting, but have so far decided they would have little impact since elections are run at the local level. What we know about the way Trump has operated as President. His actions often help his politics or settle scores. And there’s so often an easy hop from something that’s gotten into the President’s head to a Trump administration action. For example: Read More Cut mail services to slow down an… Read full this story
- Trump pushes aggressive GOP campaign against California mail voting
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump tries to discredit vote-by-mail process
- WH Press Sec Kayleigh McEnany Insists Absentee Ballots Invite Election Fraud Despite Having Voted by Mail 11 Times Since 2010
- A fight over the future of the mail breaks down along familiar lines
- Records show Kayleigh McEnany has voted by mail 12 times in 12 years
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: States focus on mail-in voting access, despite Trump's objections
- Twitter Calls Trump's Executive Order Against Social Media 'Reactionary and Politicized'
- The pre-shutdown Donald Trump is back
- Trump and his plan to win a second term unmasked in Michigan visit
- Second NYC field hospital dismantled, despite bed threshold needed to reopen amid coronavirus pandemic
When the mail is politicized, everything is politicized have 340 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 11, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.