Peggy Drexler is a research psychologist and the author of “Our Fathers, Ourselves: Daughters, Fathers, and the Changing American Family” and “Raising Boys Without Men.” She is at work on a book about how women are conditioned to compete with one another. The opinions expressed in this commentary are hers. View more opinion on CNN. (CNN)In an interview this week with Gwyneth Paltrow, the actress Cameron Diaz discussed her decision to quit acting, offering reasons that focused on bettering her quality of life. “I had gone so hard for so long,” she told Paltrow in an episode of “In goop Health: The Sessions” series, and mentioned 12-hour workdays that went on for months. “I didn’t really make any space for my personal life.” She said she has now “found peace,” adding that, “I was finally taking care of myself.” Diaz has in recent years shifted her attention to writing—she’s authored two books—as well as building a wine business. She married in 2015 and earlier this year, became a new mom, at 47, to daughter Raddix. Presumably, her more than 20 years of success in the film business set her up financially to make that shift—to do, in midlife, what she… Read full this story
- Cameron Diaz Acne - How Cameron Diaz Cleared Up Her Acne Over Night!
- Social Media Optimization (SMO) Explained
- What Happens in Vegas Movie Review
- Should I Call Him When He Doesn't Call?
- If She is the Beauty, Then Who is the Beast?
- De-Mystifying the Environmentally Friendly Hybrid Car
- Anne Hathaway is Hollywood's New 'It-Girl'
- Love Quotes Scarves in New Fall Colors
- How to Find the Fashionista Star in You
- Body Image Blues - Understanding the Psychological Factors That Fuel Personal Insecurities
What Cameron Diaz doesn't have to explain have 302 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.