During an interview broadcast on Monday’s edition of “Axios on HBO,” President Trump stated that the United States will decrease its troop levels in Afghanistan down to 4,000 troops “very soon.” And stated that on Election Day, the United States will have “Probably anywhere from 4 to 5,000” soldiers in Afghanistan.Trump said, “We’ll be down, in a very short period of time, to 8,000. Then we’re going to be down to 4,000. We’re negotiating right now. We’ve been there for nineteen years, nineteen years. We’ll be getting out.” He added that the reduction of American troop levels down to 4,000 will take place “very soon.” But declined to give a specific date for when the reduction will take place by. Axios reporter Jonathan Swan then asked, “On Election Day, how many American troops will be in Afghanistan?” Trump responded, “Probably anywhere from 4 to 5,000.” Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- 2020 Democrats challenge Trump's use of troops at Mexico border
- Trump faces new test with midterm election interference report
- Don’t Get Cocky: Study Finds Trump’s Chances of ‘Running a Boston’ on Election Day Are Slim to None
- US cyber operation blocked internet for Russian troll farm on Election Day 2018: report
- Uganda shuts down social media; candidates arrested on election day
- Russia Willing to Help Donald Trump Get U.S. Troops Out of Afghanistan
- Meghan McCain ‘Goes Rogue’, Slams Trump, GOP on Syria Troop Pullout as ‘Unpatriotic Cowards'
- President Trump 'probably does' have the power to pardon himself: Giuliani
- How Republicans Are Inciting Right-Wing Violence After Election Day
- Timeline of Trump-Cohen phone calls before 2016 election
Trump: U.S. Will ‘Probably’ Have Between 4,000 and 5,000 Troops in Afghanistan by Election Day have 276 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.