close Video Violence increases in Portland as protests continue More than 150 rounds were fired during a Friday night shooting at an apartment building in Portland; Dan Springer has the latest. Portland, Ore., police Chief Chuck Lovell on Wednesday morning decried violent instigators who he said are marring the message of mostly peaceful Black Lives Matter protesters. “Portlanders need to send a strong message that enough is enough,” Lovell told reporters at Tom McCall Waterfront Park, according to KGW-TV in Portland. “This is not forwarding the goals that are going to lead to better outcomes for people of color. This movement is really powerful, but the violence has taken away from it. … This is not what Portland is about. This is not what we need in our city.” The protests, which have sometimes turned into late-night riots focused on the Multnomah County Justice Center and the federal courthouse, have continued unabated for more than two months since the May 25 death of George Floyd in police custody in Minneapolis. Lovell said there have been many large peaceful protests that required no police presence but the smaller offshoot actions — setting fires, breaking windows and throwing objects at police — are taking… Read full this story
- Brookville Police Chief Says His Stepson Was One Of The Teenagers Recorded Torturing An Injured Deer
- Baby shot dead by gunman who opened fire through bedroom window in Texas as police chief says ‘this s*** has to stop’
- Dallas shooting kills 1-year-old boy, wounds college student; police chief says 'this s--- has to stop'
- Alvarez Begins Tenure As New BART Police Chief
- New Oakland police chief has high hopes for troubled force
- Oakland’s new female police chief offers hope for real change
- Black New Jersey School Board Member Calls Police Chief 'Skinhead' During Traffic Stop
- Oakland police chief charming, but she has work to do
- Parliamentary panel questions Delhi police chief over use of force against protesting students
- Iran State Media Report Tehran Police Chief Denies Shots Targeted Protesters
Portland police chief says riots not helping cause of racial justice: ‘Enough is enough’ have 343 words, post on www.foxnews.com at August 6, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.