One Metropolitan Police Services officer suffered a head injury when he tried to break up a fight at an illegal mass gathering for the Muslim celebration of Eid in East London.Police were responding to calls of a large crowd gathering on Ilford Lane, near the junction with Dudley Road, in Ilford, in the London borough of Redbridge, just before midnight on Thursday. Scotland Yard said in a statement released on Friday that when officers arrived, they asked the crowd of some 150-200 people who had been at Eid celebrations to return home, with current coronavirus lockdown rules still forbidding mass gatherings. As the crowd began to disperse, two groups began to fight each other on Rutland Road. Police intervened, and subsequently, one officer was injured. One suspect was arrested. Chief Superintendent Stephen Clayman said: “That this size of gathering has taken place during a pandemic is concerning. I remind all of our communities to respect each other and ensure that the government guidelines around social distancing are followed. “Following a workday of protecting the public, one of my officers has had to return home to his family with a head injury. This is beyond unacceptable, and I would like to be… Read full this story
- Hero police officers who arrested accused Christchurch gunman and ended ruthless massacre that left 51 dead are given bravery awards
- Police Officers - Who's A K-19 Handler? Why Do Their Hats Differ? Gain Knowledge!
- Police Officers - The Ultimate Star In Any Kid's Eye
- Steps Required to Become a Police Officer
- Police Officers and IRS Tax Debt - Even the Lawman Can Owe the Tax Man
- Productivity Profiles - The Police Officer
- I Am a Police Officer
- About Becoming a Police Officer
- The Police Officer Written Test
- The Police Officer Exam
Police Officer Injured Trying to Break up Fight at Illegal Mass Eid Gathering have 308 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.