(CNN)Critical media reporting about Operation Warp Speed, the federal government’s effort to speed development of drugs, vaccines and other measures to fight the coronavirus pandemic, is distracting people working on the project, its chief adviser says. Former pharma executive Dr. Moncef Slaoui, chief adviser to Operation Warp Speed, complained on a US Health and Human Services Department podcast that he never expected to encounter what he considers unfavorable media coverage. “I’m amazed that I’m being attacked on a personal basis in a way that, frankly, distracts my energy and energy of all the teams that we’re working together with to deliver, and therefore decreases our chances or the speed with which we try to help humanity and the country resolve and address this issue,” Slaoui said on the podcast, released on Friday. Operation Warp Speed leader says he expects coronavirus vaccine to be highly effective, ‘in the 90%’ range Michael Caputo, the assistant secretary for public affairs at HHS and host of the podcast, started out inviting listeners to “enjoy my learning curve as much as I’m enjoying it.” Read More “I came to this job without a real deep knowledge of health care,” Caputo added. Then Caputo asked Slaoui… Read full this story
- Liberal media critic slams April Ryan, CNN for hypocrisy
- Paul Pogba to have operation on ankle injury, says Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Washington Post media critic slams Rachel Maddow, says liberal host 'rooted' for Steele dossier
- Mike Pompeo is 'NOT running for Senate': Donald Trump's national security adviser says Secretary of State is staying in the administration and not eyeing a seat in Kansas
- Japanese media facing political pressure, says Abe critic
- White House adviser says China trade deal signing expected soon
- Washington Post Media Critic Blasts Rachel Maddow Over Steele Dossier
- Trump doesn’t ‘really mean it’ when he talks tough of ending North Korea’s nuclear goals, ex-White House adviser says
- Greta Thunberg says voyage ‘energized’ her climate fight
- National security adviser says US is prepared to take action if North Korea delivers its 'Christmas gift'
Operation Warp Speed adviser says media criticism slows coronavirus fight have 360 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.