(CNN Business)Microsoft says it is still discussing a potential purchase of TikTok, days after President Donald Trump said he would ban the popular short-form video app from operating in the United States. In a blog post Sunday, Microsoft (MSFT) said its CEO Satya Nadella has talked with Trump about buying the app, which is owned by Chinese start-up ByteDance. US policymakers have for weeks expressed concerns about the app as tensions between the United States and China escalate, with many asserting that it could pose a national security risk. “[Microsoft] is committed to acquiring TikTok subject to a complete security review and providing proper economic benefits to the United States, including the United States Treasury,” the company said, adding that it will “move quickly” to talk with ByteDance “in a matter of weeks.” “During this process, Microsoft looks forward to continuing dialogue with the United States Government, including with the President,” the company added. The Washington-based firm’s blog post suggests TikTok could avert the ban that Trump threatened Friday night, when he said he could use emergency economic powers or an executive order to block the app from operating in the United States. Microsoft’s remarks also come after the Wall… Read full this story
- House of Fraser's new Chinese owner plans to close stores and lay off staff in bid to turn around ailing department store chain
- Republicans say Donald Trump is TOTALLY innocent in their own 123-page impeachment report accusing Democrats of 'orchestrated campaign to upend our political system' and saying Ukraine DID interfere in 2016 election
- US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says Donald Trump impeachment to go ahead
- Billionaire Steve Cohen In Talks To Buy NY Mets
- Judiciary Democrat who worked on Nixon impeachment says alleged Trump misconduct is worse
- BT in talks to buy O2 mobile phone company - 12 years after selling it
- Microsoft says Iranian hackers targeted US presidential candidate
- Adichie says Melania Trump racist
- Can Jared Kushner Talk Trump Into a Sentencing Reform Push?
- Zelensky Again Says What Trump Wants to Hear
Microsoft says it is still talking with Trump about buying TikTok from its Chinese owner have 351 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 3, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.