Popular Instagram travel influencer ‘ShenazTreasury’ was forced to delete an Instagram post after she faced a backlash and a barrage of comments In a post on Instagram, Shenaz posted a selfie of herself riding pillion on a two wheeler in Anjuna in Goa without a mask. “After five months at home, I feel like a prisoner who’s escaped and found freedom! Goa is open to tourism… most restaurants and hotels are shut and empty. But you can find a few open. There are very few people here, streets are deserted but that’s how I like it especially during covid times,” she said in the post. What followed was a barrage of comments questioning the propriety of travelling during the pandemic and how travellers like herself could be risking the health of the local population since unnecessary travel should be avoided. The adverse comments prompted an apology from the influencer.“… the Goa government has opened its state up for tourism and being a travel content creator, I want to stand by travel. Travel is the most affected industry in this pandemic, I want to support it. I didn’t realise that the locals felt so strongly against having… Read full this story
- Reality Check: Why services matter in any Brexit deal
- AP Top 25 Reality Check: Field closes in on Tide and Tigers
- Reality Check: Artist snaps pics of people in trash
- Reality Check: Will the UK leave the European Court's jurisdiction in 2019?
- Reality Check: What's the EU common rulebook?
- Reality Check: What's in Johnson's Brexit plan?
- Reality Check: How powerful will the next Turkish president be?
- Malaysia get reality check after being routed by Oman in friendly
- Paid leave reality check: What are the chances of a national law?
- McCurdy: Syracuse offers reality check to Ohio State Wednesday night
Goans give travel influencer a reality check on tourism during pandemic have 316 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at August 25, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.