Washington (CNN)Coronavirus testing results from one of the nation’s top labs were taking days longer to complete than the lab’s publicly reported turnaround time, according to internal company records obtained by CNN. On Monday, in a statement posted on its website, Quest Diagnostics said that average turnaround time for results for all patients was five days. But internal Quest Materials obtained by CNN dated the day before state that the total average turnaround time for results was 8.4 days. Asked about the apparent discrepancy, a Quest spokesperson said the publicly reported number represented a forward-looking, “expected” figure for how long patient samples received that day would take to turnaround. The number did not reflect the actual time it took the company to get results on samples it had already tested. In essence, the public number was a projection while the internal number reflected the reality of how long results delivered to healthcare providers on Sunday had taken on average. The Quest spokesperson said the company shares the expected average “to allow the public to make informed decisions about where to obtain testing, before they order a test, should they find our times are too long.” The spokesperson said a surge… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: Testing expanded for care home residents and staff
- 'Utter shambles': GPs and medics decry NHS test-and-trace system
- Coronavirus: Fears over care home test cuts in north Wales
- Coronavirus: Why is Wales not testing over 65s as in England?
- Coronavirus: 'Lessons to be learned' over deaths in care homes
- UK coronavirus death toll grows by 13 to 41,527 as cases rise by 1,735 in last 24 hours
- GP appointments by phone and video surge during coronavirus lockdown
- Coronavirus: Care homes 'disappointed' on test assurances
- TIFF Filmmaker Lab Talent Jorge Cadena Talks About Indigenous Queer Project ‘Tropical Malady’
- Key workers and public services need more support, say UK unions
Documents show major lab's coronavirus tests took days longer than publicly stated have 323 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.