Get ‘5 Things’ in your inbox If your day doesn’t start until you’re up to speed on the latest headlines, then let us introduce you to your new favorite morning fix. Sign up here for the ‘5 Things’ newsletter. (CNN)Uber and Lyft are threatening to shut down services in California this week, but with a drop in ridership from the pandemic, will it really even matter? Here’s what else you need to know to Get Up to Speed and On With Your Day. (You can also get “5 Things You Need to Know Today” delivered to your inbox daily. Sign up here.) 1. Postal service Democrats and several state leaders are pushing back on what they see as the Trump administration’s attempt to throttle the US Postal Service to influence the upcoming presidential election. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is calling on the House to return to Washington, likely next weekend, for an unheard of session during presidential convention season to address the concerns. Democrats also want the new Postmaster General Louis DeJoy to testify and address charges that his controversial new policy changes are intended to deliberately slow mail-in voting. At least a half dozen states including Colorado, North Carolina… Read full this story
- A Complete Guide to All 17 (Known) Trump and Russia Investigations
- House Intel Committee Votes to Release Transcripts from Russia Investigation
- Trump made clear that his decision to review and revoke security clearances has everything to do with the Russia investigation
- Donald Trump: Russia Investigation a ‘Pile of Garbage’
- Dershowitz: Stone Indictment Based on Crimes Committed as Result of Russia Investigation, Not Collusion
- Donald Trump: ‘All Credibility Is Gone’ in Russia Investigation
- Trump-Russia Investigation: The Long Wait For Robert Mueller To Finish The Probe
- Russia investigation cost nears $17 million since last May
- Here's a breakdown of costs for Mueller's Russia investigation so far
- Looming question for Mueller: How much will Americans learn about his Russia investigation?
5 things to know for August 17: USPS, coronavirus, DNC, Russia investigation, Belarus have 332 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 17, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.