(CNN)While there are no easy answers with regard to how to get schools open, there are very clearly some wrong ones. President Donald Trump has refused to sign an executive order requiring people wear masks in public (which he could very easily do). But he is now demanding that US schools open in the fall (which he almost surely cannot do). His words, however, do have effects. After Trump’s tweet Monday that “SCHOOLS MUST OPEN IN THE FALL,” the Florida Department of Education announced Tuesday that it would require schools to open for five days a week for all students in the fall. Set aside for just one second that Florida is one of the full-on epicenters of coronavirus, its promised contact tracing to isolate people with the virus does not appear to exist and hospitals in some places there are nearing capacity. Set that aside and you might think, “Hallelujah!” Read More Related: The schools mess is a complete crisis. And completely unfixable Opening schools is certainly a welcome goal for working parents. Texas, another hot spot whose governor is a key Trump ally, announced later on Tuesday that it would offer all parents the option of remote learning… Read full this story
- Sarah Sanders: Trump ‘Extremely Clear’ on Revelation That He Doesn’t Have, Didn’t Make Comey Recordings
- WHCD Comedian Michelle Wolf: Trump a ‘Pussy;’ Wants to See Jake Tapper Orgasm, Porn and Abortion Jokes Fly
- Edward Snowden, Over 100 Activists Call for Trump to Drop Charges Against Julian Assange
- Donald Trump: ‘May God Be with the Victims’ of Texas School Shooting
- Bullying In Glenview Schools: Here's What Parents Are Saying
- Donald Trump, Ryan Lochte and the politics of contrition
- For Trump and Lochte, the delicate politics of contrition
- Castlerock course reopens after significant redesign
- Trump threatens countries who don't back US World Cup bid
- Trevor Noah: Donald Trump wants to 'whiten America'
The truth about Trump's call to reopen schools have 328 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 8, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.