close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for May 28 Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com. Two weeks before the PGA Tour is set to resume its schedule, John Deere Classic officials decided Thursday to cancel what would have been the fifth tournament back. Tournament director Clair Peterson said there were too many obstacles to overcome involving too many risks from the COVID-19 pandemic, and that it made financial sense in the long run to not hold the tournament. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM The John Deere would have been July 9-12 in Silvis, Illinois, the fifth PGA Tour stop under the revised schedule. The tour is not allowing spectators for at least a month, meaning the Deere could have been the first tournament that allowed fans. However, Peterson noted an Illinois mandate that restricts gatherings to 50 people through the summer, and other issues at TPC Deere Run such as the size of the clubhouse and getting people from parking lots through the gates. “Any version — an event with fans, without fans, something in between — we’re going to lose money,” he said. “Or do we want to… Read full this story
- Tiger Woods completes first full-field PGA Tour event since 2015
- 1980s John Deeres show mettle with breakdown-free Suffolk farming year
- Ted Potter Jr claims his first PGA Tour title for six years in California
- Paul Casey ends PGA Tour win drought as Tiger Woods goes close in Florida
- Sir Elton John expected to announce retirement from touring
- Lady Gaga cancels UK tour dates due to 'severe pain'
- Local golfer, 20, two shots off the lead in fourth European Tour event
- Golf tips: PGA Tour, Las Vegas, Shriners Hospitals for Children Open betting preview
- Why US golfer was "upset" despite winning $10m bonus at the end of PGA Tour season
- Liam Johnston wins ProGolf Tour event in Morocco
John Deere Classic chooses to cancel PGA Tour event have 331 words, post on www.foxnews.com at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.