A coalition of progressive groups, many funded by billionaire George Soros, is sponsoring a “People’s Bailout” community organizing outfit nudging Congress to use the next stimulus package during the coronavirus crisis to enact reforms that would fundamentally transform American society by achieving longtime progressive aims.In the spirit of the repurposed progressive anthem of never letting a crisis go to waste, the suddenly created People’s Bailout group is demanding that the next stimulus package adhere to “five principles” the group says are endorsed by “nearly 1,000 organizations, unions, and community leaders, and nearly 100 members of Congress.” Those “principals” encompass such far-left wish list items as government healthcare for illegal immigrants, required $15 per hour minimum wage, enhanced union collective bargaining and government regulation of the board of directors of private companies to ensure “worker representation.” Also within the “five principles” list are “direct sizable cash payments to every person” and the use of stimulus legislation to push what would amount to a massive “green” new deal. The “green” section calls for public funds to (below are direct quotes): expand wind and solar power build clean and affordable public transit weatherize our buildings manufacture more clean energy goods expand public services… Read full this story
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez introduces 2020 policy test with Green New Deal
- Latest CEI Ad Shows How Green New Deal Effects Thanksgiving
- Outside group finds 'Green New Deal' emissions target crashes government model
- Group to air Thanksgiving-themed ad knocking Green New Deal before Dem debate
- House GOP resolution blasts 'Green New Deal' as violating nation's 'bedrock principles'
- The Green New Deal is long on vision, short on details, and a potential windfall for startups
- NJ freshman Dems pan 'Green New Deal': 'Can't spend my time caught up in pie in the sky'
- Swing-state households would lose at least $70G within first year of Green New Deal, study finds
- AOC’s top aide admits Green New Deal about the economy, not climate
- Sanders releases $16 trillion ‘Green New Deal’ plan, promises it will ‘pay for itself’
Green New Deal, Healthcare for Illegals: Soros-Funded Groups Push Dems to Use Virus to Achieve Progressive Wish List have 346 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.