By Ben Christopher, from CalMatters: As pastors and local politicians chafe against California’s pandemic restrictions, the governor speaks of “collaboration” and seems characteristically conflict-averse. With counties, cities, sheriffs, churches and now the President of the United States challenging Gov. Gavin Newsom’s authority to maintain restrictions over business and public life in the face of the ongoing pandemic, the governor has perfected an approach: Speak collaboratively and carry no stick. “This process has been remarkably collaborative,” he insisted today, downplaying resistance to the statewide shelter-in-place order in effect since March 19. “There are a few examples that are exceptions in the state of California that tend to get highlighted disproportionately, but I just want to express this: they are exceptions.” What about, say, the Tulare County Board of Supervisors’ recent vote to allow movie theaters, nail salons and sit-down restaurants to open this week, in defiance of state restrictions? The governor called that “a dynamic that will work itself out.” “This is again an exception. The overwhelming majority of counties are working very, very collaboratively. I don’t wake up to look to be punitive.” Since the early days of the pandemic, Newsom has been much more comfortable imposing his statewide order… Read full this story
- The Christian Church's Role in Crisis Preparedness
- What is Wrong With the Church?
- Church Fundraising During a Recession - A Great New Idea!
- Hennepin County Property Taxes - Get To Know The Truth
- How Does Church and Web 2.0 Live Together?
- How People Find a New Church
- Weddings in Small Country Churches
- Church Lighting Systems
- Serviceable Church Wedding Tips
- How to Improve Your Church Website's Search Engine Ranking
Facing Defiant Counties And Churches, Newsom Willing To Bend have 287 words, post on patch.com at May 25, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.