To adhere to the Janta Curfew on Sunday to reduce the spread of coronavirus, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) will hold its meeting at local units before or after the restriction sets in.RSS general secretary Suresh Bhaiyaji Joshi said in a statement on Saturday that keeping in mind Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for a public curfew on Sunday, shakhas will be held before 6.30am or after 9.30pm on Sunday. “Volunteers can gather and pray in their area, locality or society as per their convenience,” Joshi said.Shakhas are the local units where volunteers gather for exercises, prayer and other interactive events.The Prime Minister had in his address to the nation asked people to stay off the roads and public places during the Janta Curfew, which will be in place for 14 hours from 7am to 9pm on Sunday.“Today, I am seeking one more support from every citizen. It is Janta Curfew – a curfew for the people and imposed by people themselves,” PM Modi had said.Also read: RSS calls off annual meeting amid coronavirus outbreakThe RSS had earlier called off the meeting of its highest decision-making body, the Akhil Bharatiya Pratinidhi Sabha, last week after the… Read full this story
- Sana Saeed on father’s death on the day of janta curfew: ‘It was tough and unfair’
- Vellore traders want change in timings for shops
- The history of Windows: How the OS has changed over time
- Bella Hadid Changes 3 Times, Bonds with Nicki Minaj and Sips Champagne at Star-Studded amfAR Gala
- Changed Reporting Time, Vacant Seats, Masks and Gloves: CISF Drafts New Rules for Fliers and Airlines
- Golden Globes Live Stream 2018: How to Watch, Start Time, Red Carpet and More
- CBS Sunday Movie Night Coming To America’s Most Watched Network In May
- This Isn’t ‘the New Normal’ for Climate Change — That Will Be Worse
- COVID-19 and climate change: What can we learn about saving lives?
- It’s Time for Conscious Uncoupling With China
RSS changes shakha timing for Sunday’s Janta Curfew have 342 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at March 21, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.