New York (CNN Business)JPMorgan Chase chief executive Jamie Dimon is recovering after undergoing emergency heart surgery, the company’s co-COOs said in a letter to employees, shareholders and clients Thursday evening. The board has directed the co-COOs, Gordon Smith and Daniel Pinto, to take over leading the company while Dimon recovers. Dimon, 63, experienced an “acute aortic dissection” — a tear in the inner lining of the aorta blood vessel — requiring surgery Thursday morning. “The good news is that it was caught early and the surgery was successful,” Pinto and Smith said in the letter. “He is awake, alert and recovering well.” Dimon is one the most powerful men on Wall Street. He has been CEO of JPMorgan (JPM) since 2005, and chairman of the board since 2006. Read More This is a developing story. More to come…
- Andy and Jamie Murray recover to give GB Davis Cup lead over France
- Jimmy Carter Broke His Hip in a Fall at Home but Is 'Recovering Comfortably' After Surgery
- St George's Hospital suspends complex heart surgery
- Is private health insurance worth it if there is no elective surgery during the coronavirus pandemic?
- Davis Cup: Andy Murray and brother Jamie give GB lead against Australia
- Emerging market turmoil may bring forex controls back on radar
- Jimmy Carter Isn't Going to Miss Sunday School After Hip Surgery Following a Fall at Georgia Home
- Jamie Lee Curtis 'seen on the set of The Mandalorian' leading to speculation she has been cast in season two of the Star Wars series
- Jamie and Louise Redknapp welcome a new addition to the family
- ‘There was so much noise’ says Jamie Murray after Davis Cup doubles win
JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon recovering after emergency heart surgery have 288 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 6, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.