close Video Rep. Omar introduces $1 trillion housing plan, says affordable housing is basic human right Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar’s Homes for All Act pledges to build 12 million new public and private housing units. Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here. U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar on Tuesday night suggested what she admitted may be a “radical idea” to help fight the coronavirus outbreak. “All private hospitals should be made public for the duration of the virus,” the Minnesota Democrat wrote on Twitter. She said a government takeover could help address “some of the pressures our healthcare system is facing.” ILHAN OMAR SLAMMED FOR RESPONSE TO IVANKA TRUMP’S ‘FAMILY TOGETHER’ TWEET Omar offered no specifics on how the takeover of private property would be achieved, but critics on social media quickly reacted that Omar’s plan sounded like communism. “Here is another radical idea,” one Twitter commenter wrote. “Let’s admit that communism doesn’t work and that it caused the #ChineseVirus.” “So you can run them in to the ground?” another wrote. “Spoken like a true Castroite,” a third commented. Omar has given her presidential endorsement to Bernie Sanders, a democratic socialist from… Read full this story
- Coronavirus:facilities set up at private hospitals in Kozhikode
- China's central bank says coronavirus outbreak could disrupt economy in first-quarter, has many policy tools
- Disney Says Coronavirus Outbreak Could Cost Company $175 Million
- Ilhan Omar is called an adulteress in court as her Democratic aide lover and his wife formally divorce - and he leaves the hearing grinning and clapping in glee
- Rashida Tlaib says she clutched fellow Squad member Ilhan Omar's hand through 'triggering moments' in Trump's State of The Union - including the 'applause' for cancer-stricken Rush Limbaugh when he got the Medal of Freedom
- Ilhan Omar Bill Would Let Congress Restrict President’s Power on Sanctions, National Emergencies
- Ilhan Omar Slams Fox's Tucker Carlson For 'White Supremacist Rhetoric' From 'Racist Fool'
- Ilhan Omar Criticized for Saying ‘Ethos’ of G.I. Bill Should Be Applied to All Students
- Farrakhan Tells Ilhan Omar to Not Apologize for AIPAC Comments, Blames 'Wicked Jews'
- Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar Hold Hands During ‘Triggering’ Moments of Trump’s SOTU Speech
Ilhan Omar says coronavirus outbreak calls for 'radical' takeover of private hospitals have 387 words, post on www.foxnews.com at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.