Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s leading expert on coronavirus, said he believes keeping people in isolation for the duration of April should stunt the spread of coronavirus but that there will be ‘mini outbreaks’ in cities across America. Fauci appeared on Good Morning America on Monday morning a day after President Trump announced he was extending the government’s 15 day guidelines on staying indoors to 30 days. Fauci said there were ‘intensive discussions’ that led up to the decision and that neither he nor any other experts believed 15 days would ever be long enough to stop the virus from spreading. As of Monday morning, there were more than 140,000 cases of the virus in the US and more than 2,500 people had died. Scroll down for video Dr. Fauci said on Monday morning that he believes April will be long enough to stunt the spread of coronavirus FULL INTERVIEW: NIAD Director Dr. Fauci explains to @GStephanopoulos why new coronavirus timeline guidelines extended through end of April. https://t.co/YERumXFiuI pic.twitter.com/eZ9VjEGlq1— Good Morning America (@GMA) March 30, 2020 In New York City, the epicenter of the virus, there are more than 33,000 cases of the virus and 776 people have died. Dr…. Read full this story
- 107-year-old woman says secret to long life is never getting married
- Pep Guardiola says he once thought David Silva might 'suffer' at Manchester City
- Obama Says US Should Reject Leaders Who Spread 'Fear, Hatred' in Wake of Trump's Speech
- Pep Guardiola says Liverpool are the 'strongest team in world' as Man City look to turn tide in title race
- Plane crashes in Texas after slowing down to dump 350 gallons of pink water in gender reveal stunt, officials say
- 'I think I inherited my loneliness'
- Arrival of Vikings to Ireland in the 10th century halted a 200-year-long population decline and rejuvenated the Emerald Isle, study claims
- Regional efforts underway to deal with armed groups in eastern DR Congo: Rwandan president
- Working mums juggling career and kids feel 'mother's guilt', researcher says
- Maharashtra: Shiv Sena played the game a bit too long, took the fight a bit too far
Dr. Fauci says he thinks April will be long enough to stunt coronavirus spread but that there will be 'mini outbreaks' in small cities across America that are 'percolating' now have 342 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.