Nothing seemed unusual about Demondre Perkins’ last phone call to his father. The 26-year-old San Franciscan called his dad on the afternoon of March 16 and asked for grocery money, which he did on occasion. Antonio Perkins, who had an errand to run at the DMV, told his son OK — he would let him know when he returned home. But around 4:40 p.m., about 15 minutes after the two hung up, Demondre Perkins was fatally shot in a restaurant near 16th and Mission streets, according to San Francisco police and his father. Authorities announced this week the arrest of three men in connection to the homicide. All three were booked in County Jail on suspicion of homicide, conspiracy and gang participation, but investigators are still working to establish a motive. The killing shocked and puzzled Antonio Perkins and the rest of his family, who knew Demondre as a hardworking young man who avoided trouble and was expecting his third child. “He was just his old self: ‘Hey, Dad, where you at?’” Antonio recalled. “Nothing that made me think there was anything wrong or going on. He sounded normal.” Related Stories CrimeBy Anna BaumanThree arrested in connection with fatal shooting… Read full this story
- Bethany Hamilton's four-year-old son found out the details of her 2003 shark attack from cousins: 'I actually never really explained it to him'
- Police escort Jacob Rees-Mogg and his 12-year-old son out of parliament and to their home as anti-Brexit protesters yell 'scumbag' and 'traitor' at them
- Drug dealer dad sent his nine-year-old son to school with METH in his lunch bag
- Devastated four-year-old son of father killed in head-on smash with 'driver fleeing police in stolen car' is 'so grief-stricken he is unable to speak'
- Taye Diggs reveals he is dating someone new and his 10-year-old son approves: 'She speaks to him like an adult and he respects that'
- Mom 'punched her 10-year-old son in the face and dislocated his jaw because he wouldn't stop playing Fortnite and take a shower'
- Parents fight to delay their four-year-old son from starting school by a year - as debate erupts amid the correct enrolment age around Australia
- Mother awakes to find another woman, 22, had broken into her home and was about to bathe her two-year-old son
- Grieving family 'gatecrash' 67-year-old sister's SECRET funeral organised by her husband, 77, who avoided jail despite 'letting her die' in agony after lying for eight weeks on floor at home
- Granger Smith shares details about the tragic accidental death of his 3-year-old son
Coronavirus complicates family’s grief over 26-year-old son, father gunned down in SF’s Mission have 428 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at March 28, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.