The Trump administration’s top official overseeing Iran policy met with a representative of a controversial Iranian dissident group weeks after a U.S. strike killed Iran’s top military leader. Brian Hook, a senior adviser to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and the U.S. Special Representative for Iran, met on January 31 with Robert G. Joseph, a former senior State official who now represents the National Council of Resistance of Iran, according to a foreign agent filing that Joseph submitted to the Justice Department this week. The NCRI is the political arm of the People’s Mujahedin of Iran—commonly known by Farsi acronym, MEK—a group that seeks regime change in Iran and was on the U.S. government’s official list of foreign terrorist organizations until 2012. Joseph’s meeting with Hook came just a few weeks after a U.S. airstrike killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani, Iran’s top military commander. The MEK had long seen Soleimani as one of Iran’s foremost villains. In a blog post hailing his death, the NCRI described him as “an infamous symbol of the regime’s intimidation and murder.” Soleimani was “directly responsible for killing some of my MEK people,” Rudy Giuliani, a long-time ally of the group, told The Daily Beast in… Read full this story
- Diplomacy is not Working with Iran, what is next?
- International Terrorism and Responding in Kind
- Iran and the Nuclear Bomb - A Strategy For Success
- Iran Will NOT Stop Nuclear Weapons Programs
- Bad Economics on TV: Trump and Kiyosaki on NBC's Today
- "Man" A Wild Beast
- Who is Winning the War ON Terror?
- Turkey's Recep Tayyip Erdogan quiet after Trump demands ceasefire, issues sanctions
- Which is More Humane - Limited Strike or Financial Trade War with Iran?
- Our Fighting Men and Women and the War on Terror
Trump's Iran Man Met With a Former Terror Group’s Rep After Soleimani Strike have 319 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.