WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump went from the Daytona 500 on Sunday to attending the wedding of two top members of his administration, senior adviser Stephen Miller and Katie Waldman, press secretary for Vice President Mike Pence. Shortly after landing at Andrews Air Force Base after a busy day in Florida, the president made a quick stop at the White House. The presidential motorcade then made a five-block jaunt to the Trump International Hotel where the White House announced after press queries that the president was attending “the wedding of Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Miller” The combative Miller is one of the White House’s most conservative and influential voices in pushing moves that Trump has taken to curb immigration. He is widely viewed as the driving force behind the administration’s hardest-line immigration policies. Waldman served as a spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security before moving to the vice president’s office. The press pool was held outside of the hotel during Sunday’s festivities. Trump spent more than two hours at the event.
- Trump to the Capitol Tuesday night
- How Mnuchin Keeps a Steady Grip in a Tug of War on Trade
- North Korea, AT&T, World Cup: Your Wednesday Briefing
- POLITICO Playbook: Politics at the border
- NYT ed board: Time for new Dem leadership
- POLITICO Playbook: Michael Cohen speaks
- Democratic primary: The fight for Bruce Poliquin’s seat
Trump attends wedding of key White House aides have 248 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at February 17, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.