Recommended Video: AUSTIN — For the first time in more than a decade, the Mustangs are back on top. The Kingwood boys captured their sixth overall state championship and first since 2009 on Saturday at the Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swim Center. They were third last season. The Mustangs won the Class 6A meet with a score of 189.5, beating out The Woodlands (186), Klein Oak (152), Southlake Carroll (140) and Austin Westlake (123.5). “It’s really about resilience,” Kingwood coach Mike Robinson said. “Our kids kept fighting back every time. We had a lot of things happen in regions, and we had a lot of things happen with The Woodlands at this meet as well, back and forth. … These kids, they battled. Most people counted them out a couple weeks ago, and they kept fighting. They knew they had a chance.” Kingwood did not have any individual medalists, but the team relied on its depth and received outstanding performances from its relay teams. Kingwood started things off with a second-place finish in the 200-yard medley relay as the team of Garret Green, Owen Pickering, Luke Langley and Victor Tremblay touched the wall at 1 minute, 31.58 seconds. The… Read full this story
- Three Utah high schools will claim state football titles this Friday. Here’s the rundown on the big games.
- Providence St. Mel, Chicago Orr claim state titles
- Golf: Kingwood boys finish 7th at state tournament
- St. Charles North claims 1st DuKane title
- Yelm believes it has what it takes to win first state wrestling title since 2010
- Ko claims first major title at ANA Inspiration
- Tsonga claims 1st ATP title in 15 months
- Boys water polo: Stevenson claims another conference title
- CIF State Swimming and Diving championships: Top-eight results
- State swimming: Minnehaha Academy’s Andrew Karpenko cements his records in Class A
Kingwood boys claim first state swimming title since 2009 have 308 words, post on www.chron.com at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.