HOUSTON (AP) — Texas prosecutors have dropped a driving while intoxicated charge filed against the actor featured on commercials for the travel booking site Trivago with a perpetual five o’clock shadow.
The case against Timothy William, 53, was dismissed Monday after Williams completed the alcohol education courses and community service required for pretrial diversion of first-time DWI offender, a spokesman for the Harris County District Attorney’s Office told the Houston Chronicle.
Williams, who lives in Germany, “took his Harris County case seriously by diligently completing programs in his home country that were comparable to our mandatory classes, and even did more than he had to in order to make sure he was complying,” Nathan Beedle, the district attorney’s misdemeanor division chief, told the Chronicle.
Police arrested Williams after finding him passed out behind the wheel of a vehicle stopped in a traffic lane the afternoon of April 10, 2019.
- Noah on Patrol: Father of fallen officer announces new anti-drunken driving initiative
- State to target bars to curb New Year’s Eve drunken driving
- Petoskey man given $1M bond in drunken driving case
- ‘He had 13 drinks in his belly’: Quadruple East Bay murder trial in drunken driving crash wraps up
- 4 charged in drunken driving crash that killed Clear Lake mom, baby
- Man charged with drunken driving after crash kills passenger
- Driver charged with drunken driving after running over police officer directing traffic
- Driver, her tow truck operator charged with drunken driving
- Mass. man arrested on fourth drunken driving charge
- Patrol: 111 drunken driving arrests New Year's Eve