The return of the British blue passport could happen as early as March, which will “symbolise our national identity” has been regained.As formerly a member of the European Union, the United Kingdom’s passport covers had to be burgundy and bear the inscription “European Union” above “United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland”. The first burgundy passports were issued in 1988, then bearing the brand “European Community”. The iconic British passports had been blue since the 1920s. Considered a hallmark of regaining British autonomy post-Brexit, deputy to the Secretary of State for the Home Department Brandon Lewis said the return of the blue passports will “symbolise our national identity”, according to comments reported in The New European. A Home Office spokesman said that whilst stock of the burgundy covers is still being used up, “we expect all new passports to be blue by the middle of the year”. “As well as using up the existing stock of burgundy passports, the printing presses all need to be tweaked to make blue covers, which needs to be done in stages, otherwise the printing process would grind to a halt,” he added. The New European, a fanatically pro-EU weekly newspaper, launched its own… Read full this story
- Jeremy Hunt says Simon Cheng should be given full UK residency rights and British passport
- EU demands UK face Brexit ‘realism;’ Johnson scrambles
- 650 House seats, 74 days to Brexit: UK election in numbers
- Labour’s Jeremy Corbyn defends neutral stance on Brexit
- As violence spikes, some Hong Kong activists see salvation in British citizenship
- Brits travelling immediately after Brexit may have to renew passports this week
- Brexit news – what is the People’s Vote and will there be another Brexit referendum?
- Patrick Stewart, Pixie and Bob Geldof and publicity-hungry Mr Broccoli join London Mayor Sadiq Khan at huge anti-Brexit protest in London
- Organisers claim 'close to one MILLION' anti-Brexit protesters are marching on Parliament to demand second referendum while hoisting demonic Dominic Cummings effigy
- Boris Johnson unveils manifesto for Brexit Britain
Brexit: Blue British Passports to Be Ready by March have 348 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.