Serving and retired employees of Nowrosjee Wadia Maternity Hospital (NWMH) and Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children (BJWHC) on Monday began a three-day protest against the hospital management, the Brihanamumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), and the State government. Under the Mumbai General Kamgar Union banner, current and past employees gathered on the hospital premises in Parel. While the existing staff are demanding payment of their salaries, which have remained unpaid for a month, the retired employees want their unpaid pensions of the last month to be released.Prakash Reddy, general secretary of the Communist Party of India, Mumbai unit, who joined the protesters, said 15% of the hospital funds are provided by the management, as they look after the infrastructure, while the rest 85% of funds come in the form of grants from the State government and the BMC in equal proportion. “This money is used for buying medicines and paying salaries,” Mr. Reddy said. A Wadia Hospitals’ spokesperson said as per the trust deeds of the hospitals, there are four members from the BMC on the board of management for BJWHC and two members each from the BMC and the State government on the board of management for NWMH, and it… Read full this story
- Code Sweet: Fort Collins hospital staff whips up last-minute Valentine's wedding
- US Rep. Ayanna Pressley to join Presidents’ Day protest against Trump’s national emergency
- Mayor’s staff got protest intel on Patriot Prayer from Portland cop under fire for texts with right-wing leader
- Students and staff hold protest in support of 'Arizona 3'
- Franklin Regional stabbing remains fresh for medics, police, hospital staff 5 years later
- Tiny miracles: A decade later, Ferrante quintuplets reunite with hospital staff
- Patient assaults hospital staff member: Cleveland Heights police blotter
- Presidents Day protest in Colorado Springs of border wall funding plan
- Wells Fargo has Dirty Energy Secret Activists Will Expose in Multi-Day Protest : Indybay
- Earl Township fire chief released from hospital two days after crashing in Birdsboro
Wadia Hospitals’ staff on 3-day protest have 337 words, post on www.thehindu.com at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.