After months of painstaking negotiating internally and externally, President Trump signed the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement in a large ceremony at the White House Wednesday, a significant achievement for the trade-minded president. But it was clear the Senate impeachment trial was at the forefront of the president’s mind. Republican members of the House and Senate, particularly those who have been the most vocal in defending the president throughout the impeachment process, were seated in the front rows. As the president praised Republicans present, he joked that maybe he’s just being nice to senators because he wants their votes to acquit him in the Senate impeachment trial. “I want to just if I could mention, because we do have some incredible people that work so hard, and uh, senators. Maybe I’m being just nice to them because I want their vote. Does that make sense?” the president said, to laughter. “I don’t want to leave anybody out. Hey congressmen, I already got your vote, 196 to nothing. To hell with you.” The president also joked that Senator Ted Cruz probably has some interesting questions to ask when senators get their first crack at the Q&A session starting Wednesday afternoon, after days of being… Read full this story
- Democrats say they have a deal on Donald Trump's USMCA trade deal an hour AFTER announcing they are bringing two articles of impeachment against him
- Democrats close deal with Trump on USMCA, proclaiming end of 'NAFTA lite'
- Democrats close deal with Trump on USMCA, proclaiming not 'NAFTA lite'
- Senate votes to advance measure to end U.S. support for Saudi war in Yemen
- Congress Must Take Away Trump's Nuclear Weapons in Its First Vote of the Year, Lawmaker Says
- Donald Trump Admits, 'I Didn't Need to' Declare a National Emergency, Says He'd Just 'Rather Do It Much Faster'
- Trump Impeachment: U.S. House progresses, Senate questions next move
- Does Brothers Grimsby Take the Donald Trump Jokes Too Far?
- 5 key differences between NAFTA and Trump's USMCA deal
- Senate Votes On Resolution Demanding Trump Pull The United States Out Of Saudi-Led War In Yemen
Trump jokes during USMCA signing ceremony that he needs senators' votes for acquittal have 364 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at January 29, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.