More Americans chose to visit their local library rather than take a trip to the movies in 2019, according to a Gallup poll published Friday.Going to the library is still the most common cultural activity Americans partake in, the recent survey found. The article continued: The average 10.5 trips to the library U.S. adults report taking in 2019 exceeds their participation in eight other common leisure activities. Americans attend live music or theatrical events and visit national or historic parks roughly four times a year on average and visit museums and gambling casinos 2.5 times annually. Trips to amusement or theme parks (1.5) and zoos (.9) are the least common activities among this list. These data — collected in a Dec. 2-15, 2019 Gallup poll — are an update from a December 2001 survey. Though the overall rankings at the beginning of the millennium remain the same today, a small decrease has occurred in reported trips to the movie theater (down 1.3 average visits). However, in September the Pew Research Center found that “Roughly a quarter of U.S. adults (27%) say they haven’t read a book in whole or in part in the past year, whether in print, electronic or audio form.”… Read full this story
- Star of The Discovery Channel’s “American Hot Rod” Visits Nimitz
- West Indies announced as fifth touring side to visit Ireland in 2019
- The News Tribune’s 2019 All-Area boys basketball team
- Super Bowl 2019, LA Rams vs New England Patriots: What time does game start tomorrow, TV channel and half-time performer
- Super Bowl 2019: What time is it, which teams are playing and who is the half-time performer?
- Super Bowl 2019, LA Rams vs New England Patriots: What time is it, what TV channel is it on and who is the half-time performer?
- The Olympian’s 2019 All-Area boys basketball team
- NFL announces dates and venues for 2019 London games, including first American Football match at new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- Five NFL teams who missed the playoffs this season, but will make it in 2019
- NFL confirm that four games will be held in the UK in 2019
Poll: More Americans Chose Library Visits over Trips to the Movies in 2019 have 353 words, post on www.breitbart.com at January 28, 2020. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.